Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Waterville, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the main clean-up is done, with the dirt removed..
9 stalls along the entrance road (8 back-in, 1 trailer-capable pull-in), and 3 stalls at the end.
There's a bit of other stuff not in the pictures.
20220805_200842.jpg

20220805_200828.jpg

Last edited:
No fundamental change, but the fenced area has shrunk to enclose the pedestals, parking spaces and areas in front of the parking spaces.

So the empty transformer slab and a short container is outside the fencing.
Looks like the main thing left is a wait for the transformer and meter.

I did double-check access to the crosswalk on Main St, for anybody who fancies some Chinese or some Five Guys. No change, so you'd have to walk across grass. Should be fine most of the year, but could be blocked by snow in winter and a bit muddy early spring.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gwgan and Tdreamer
No updates, but here's an edited photo from today. Note that due to the relatively light use of the lot, the pull-in stall should be able to be used with a trailer. The nearby gas station is undergoing a full renovation and I hope that won't affect Tesla getting the power hooked up.

View attachment 840907
View attachment 840909
Empty cable spools suggesting wiring may be done which is typically one of the last parts of the build. It may be awaiting utilities to come finish off the site. Hard to say for sure.

Thanks for the updates.

Reactions: kayak1 and Big Earl
Empty cable spools suggesting wiring may be done which is typically one of the last parts of the build. It may be awaiting utilities to come finish off the site. Hard to say for sure.

Thanks for the updates.

They put the cabinets in, and did all the wiring of the stalls and cabinets on a hot day a week or two ago.
I think it's just utility (wires from pole, transformer, meter), final removal of fencing, excavator and container (out of shot), and Tesla commissioning to go.

down there in October
Time for the leaf peeping drive?

Time for the leaf peeping drive?
Hmm, interesting. I'll be in Maine to supervise installation of a new metal roof at our camp, and don't know the exact dates yet. But if it lines up, I expect the crew won't be working on Sundays, and it looks like I could get back to the lake before dusk (my skiff doesn't have nav lights). So yeah, if the timing works out it sounds like fun! Thanks for the heads-up!

There is a whole crew there today. All the transformers are installed and they are pouring cement around the stalls

Nice! I may check it out early this evening to see what it's like end of day.

My wife said that yesterday she saw some activity in the Supercharger area, looking like they had a machine with a big hose sucking stuff up. Maybe they were clearing out water or debris in preparation for today.

Last edited:
Reactions: kayak1
So, today's work appears to have put all the red safety bollards in place around the cabinets and transformer.

There are two light post bases. The lights are not up yet, but I saw what looked like the two poles as I could see a head at the end of one of them.
Lots of posts for the Tesla only/general charging signs, but those aren't up yet.

I couldn't see a meter. There is a metal box on a wooden post and there appeared to be something like a hazard sticker on it. Maybe that's the meter box and they'll come back and put a proper mount on the ground.

Getting closer. Looking more likely that they'll hit Q3 2022 with this one.

Thanks again for the updates. Curious, were you able to see a meter?
I didn't see a meter. In the blurry picture above, above the left-most parking sign there's a metal box on a wooden pole. It has a danger high voltage sticker and there's conduit running up to it. So that might be the hookup and maybe there's a meter in there. It's not like people read meters any more.

But maybe that'll be resolved with the commissioning.

Reactions: Tdreamer
Meter is installed by the utility, and must be there (ok, almost always is there) before Tesla commissions the site. I've been to two sites where the meter socket has been bridged (no meter present) and the site has been up - one in Maryland, and the other most recently in Hanover, MA. But it's uncommon.

I'm thinking this site is likely done, and the possibility of commissioning soon exists as Tesla did Rocky Hill, CT Friday, East Templeton, MA today, and perhaps St Johnsbury, VT .... and this site to follow? Perhaps wishful thinking...