Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Kelowna, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a look at the West Kelowna Supercharger's progress on Monday (December 21st). It's looking good!
IMG_7310.jpeg

Stopped by West Kelowna Supercharger today (Dec 23). All the fences were down. Of course an idiot in a pickup was parked across all the stalls. Although there were signs posted, the superchargers were not yet working.

Typical ICEholes, eh?!

Sounds like it won't be much longer, although I'm most waiting for Osoyoos.

Princeton? I'm surprised. I don't think many people go that route. It is a nice drive, but takes way longer. And with a full charge in Hope, you can make it to Kelowna even in the winter, at least in a LR Model 3 or better. I know... I had to do it last winter when RT5 was closed.

Not complaining though! Princeton offers some nice backup options and will be a potential lifesaver for lower-range cars.

Crazy. I was at a Dr. appt on Friday that's right there and I didn't see them. I read about it in some article, then checked Tesla's map which makes no mention of them. I thought the article was wrong until I saw this thread. Lol, how'd I miss them? I would have parked within 20m of them!
Lol, I'm still not sure how I missed them. From the photos above, I think this is where they are (in red). The path I drove was in black. Drove right past them... TWICE.

how.jpg

In my defense, I was in pretty intense pain. I got clipped by a truck while I was walking a day or two before. In the weeks since, I've had an MRI and have found out I have 3 herniated discs (and 1 tear). So a great end to a fantastic year for me! [heavy sarcasm]

I can't imagine I'll ever use these chargers, but I'm super stoked that they're here! Great location both for visitors and those passing through (right off the main highway)

• Informative
Reactions: Araman0
Princeton? I'm surprised. I don't think many people go that route. It is a nice drive, but takes way longer. And with a full charge in Hope, you can make it to Kelowna even in the winter, at least in a LR Model 3 or better. I know... I had to do it last winter when RT5 was closed.

Not complaining though! Princeton offers some nice backup options and will be a potential lifesaver for lower-range cars.

I'd argue not many do it because it's hard to do right now.

Lots of South Okanagan people are very happy about Princeton. It is the better route for anything south of Penticton and Penticton itself is a toss up. It also serves the Kootenay/Lower Mainland routes.

For the SR+, you still need Merritt for Kelowna or Kamloops in all but ideal conditions and that's if you're willing to cut the speed and live with really low Soc on arrival. Especially going to the interior (uphill).

Tesla’s website recently updated target dates for future Superchargers and West Kelowna now says 1st quarter of 2021. They have been late before, but it’s a new thing to include which quarter
796B2261-D66B-40D9-B6A2-E81103EDD26B.jpeg

They also say Vernon will get one in the 2nd quarter (first time I’ve heard that) and that’s also when they’re targeting Osoyoos.
Plus Salmon Arm and Cache Creek are penciled in for the 3rd quarter 2021.

BCBE5656-629D-49B7-9301-504544DAF8F4.jpeg

Last edited:
At the rate things are going with covid, the final electrical permit could be 'signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public inquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months' and still be approved before the border opens.

Our current (US) government's plans for how to tackle the situation and thereby speed up the border reopening are currently on public display. You can find them in the basement of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building at the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard'.

@pb2000, @mociaf9 I see you guys are hoopy froods who really know where their towels are! If you've crossed 6 impossible border entry points this morning, why not round it off with breakfast at Milliways, the Restaurant at the End of the Universe?