Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Melbourne, FL [Operational]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
West Melbourne, FL

Interstates: I-95
US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-192

I-95:
To: Port Orange, FL - 81.5 miles
Diversion: 2 miles
To: St. Augustine, FL - 143 miles

Port St. Lucie, FL (I-95): 56.6 miles
Fort Drum, FL (I-95,FL-60,FL-FT): 63.0 miles
Fort Myers, FL (I-95,FL-70,US-27,FL-29,FL-80,I-75,u): 184 miles
Brandon, FL (I-95,FL-528,I-4,I-75,FL-60): 141 miles
Orlando, FL (I-95,FL-528,FL-FT),: 78.0 miles
Port Orange, FL (I-95,FL-421): 82.0 miles

West Melbourne, FL

Interstates: I-95
US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-192

I-95:
To: Port Orange, FL - 81.5 miles
Diversion: 2 miles
To: St. Augustine, FL - 143 miles

Port St. Lucie, FL (I-95): 56.6 miles
Fort Drum, FL (I-95,FL-60,FL-FT): 63.0 miles
Fort Myers, FL (I-95,FL-70,US-27,FL-29,FL-80,I-75,u): 184 miles
Brandon, FL (I-95,FL-528,I-4,I-75,FL-60): 141 miles
Orlando, FL (I-95,FL-528,FL-FT),: 78.0 miles
Port Orange, FL (I-95,FL-421): 82.0 miles

To Kingsland via I95 N - 210 Miles
To Savannah via I95 N - 312 Miles

A member of the Space Coast EV Drivers shared this today. Looks like construction has started.
Scott Hovey-Knouse

Looks like it's about here: Google Maps

22007958_10155914994002122_849015643829486594_n.jpg

Last edited:
Should be 4 supercharger cabinets installed soon to service 8 positions. Also, a transformer will feed power in to one switch gear and metering box and that in turn will feed two smaller switch gear boxes which will then feed the 4 supercharger cabinets. Coming along nicely and about the same pace as Toledo OH. Both locations will be helpful to me; save a trip down to Pt St Lucie.

P. S. There are some extra pictures on the Toledo site that will give you a good idea of what to expect.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: clachance26
Should be 4 supercharger cabinets installed soon to service 8 positions. Also, a transformer will feed power in to one switch gear and metering box and that in turn will feed two smaller switch gear boxes which will then feed the 4 supercharger cabinets. Coming along nicely and about the same pace as Toledo OH. Both locations will be helpful to me; save a trip down to Pt St Lucie.

P. S. There are some extra pictures on the Toledo site that will give you a good idea of what to expect.

Thanks for pointing out the Toledo page. Lots of good construction pictures there.

Thanks for the photos.

They are building an enclosure around where the Supercharger cabinets and high voltage switchgear will go.

Larry

Okay yeah that makes sense, Larry. Is it normal for them to build the enclosure with concrete? I haven't really seen any superchargers in person, but I always thought the ones that I have seen in YouTube videos just had like a wooden fence enclosure. Maybe they are doing because of all the hurricanes in Florida.

Thanks for pointing out the Toledo page. Lots of good construction pictures there.

Okay yeah that makes sense, Larry. Is it normal for them to build the enclosure with concrete? I haven't really seen any superchargers in person, but I always thought the ones that I have seen in YouTube videos just had like a wooden fence enclosure. Maybe they are doing because of all the hurricanes in Florida.
It varies with the host location. There have been wood enclosures, cinder block and in some cases no enclosures at all. I doubt that it has anything to do with hurricanes. More than likely it is just a matter of the degree of perceived liability the installation has to the lawyers of the host location.

Larry

Last edited: