Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Springfield, VA (cancelled)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A zoning permit was filed last week for a new Supercharger coming soon to West Springfield, VA. The station will be built in the Giant Food parking lot at Cardinal Forest Plaza. Number of stalls remains unknown at the moment.

West Springfield.jpg

Grocery stores will make excellent charging sites in areas with large numbers of apartment dwellers who don't have an easy way to charge at home. A grocery store visit is just about the perfect timing to get that weekly "fill up" in your car.

I agree. They also make great road trip stops since they offer snacks and drinks at reasonable prices compared to your typical fast food or convenience store.

Last edited:
Wow! This was my grocery store when I lived in West Springfield. Now I'm about 5 miles away but this still might be the most convenient SuC to me.

PS: the Cardinal Forest Shell station is one of the places I trust to do the annual Virginia inspection on a Tesla.

If I were a betting man, I’d put my money on these six spaces along Rolling Road. Six stalls would seem appropriate for the area. Convenient power overhead.

42DBEEA9-E7F9-46F2-BDE6-2A740D376F5C.jpeg

That said, Giant is on the other end of this parking lot. So far, no sign of construction or utility markings.

Last edited:
If I were a betting’ man, I’d put my money on these six spaces along Rolling Road. Six stalls would seem appropriate for the area. Convenient power overhead.

View attachment 751214

That said, Giant is on the other end of this parking lot. So far, no sign of construction or utility markings.
My guess is the opposite side nearest Prince of Peace church. I was over there yesterday. Nothing happening yet.

Here are pictures of the work area. 12 stalls would go from my car to the spot next to the Toyota RAV 4. No signs of any utility markings at this point.
This is a good location within Cardinal Forest. Easy in/out of the lot, but in an area that typically isn't crowded. And easy to walk to McDonalds, Panera, Whole Foods, and the various offices (including our pediatrician) across Traford Ln.

Is this site dead? I got all excited for nothing.
Probably. Especially since a V3 is going in adjacent to the existing V2 at the Springfield Mall.

Reactions: PStewart