Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Windsor, CA (LIVE 5 Nov 2021, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
Town of Windsor Permit Applications Received 2018-10-01 to 2018-10-31 [PDF]

Windsor application received.JPG

According to Windor's building permit tracking site, permit B18-0481 is still under review after the initial submittal was returned in mid November with comments/revisions needed. From the address, the supercharger is apparently going in the Raley's parking lot, but that's not much of a guarantee of exactly where in the lots it will end up. Interestingly, this one isn't currently on Tesla's map unless it's hiding as the Santa Rosa pin.

Address: 8852 Lakewood Dr., Windsor, CA; 95492
What: an unknown number of Supercharger stalls of an unknown type (72 kW vs. 120 kW)
GPS (guess): 38.549856, -122.805465

@BlueShift @Chuq

Town of Windsor Permit Applications Received 2018-10-01 to 2018-10-31 [PDF]

View attachment 372501

According to Windor's building permit tracking site, permit B18-0481 is still under review after the initial submittal was returned in mid November with comments/revisions needed. From the address, the supercharger is apparently going in the Raley's parking lot, but that's not much of a guarantee of exactly where in the lots it will end up. Interestingly, this one isn't currently on Tesla's map unless it's hiding as the Santa Rosa pin.

Address: 8852 Lakewood Dr., Windsor, CA; 95492
What: an unknown number of Supercharger stalls of an unknown type (72 kW vs. 120 kW)
GPS (guess): 38.549856, -122.805465

@BlueShift @Chuq

Totally agree on your GPS location. My money is on that spot as well.
I was hoping they would put it more in the Larkfield area, which goes out Mark west springs rd and out toward the coast. We need more east/west connections

Last edited:
If this SC is where I think it is, it would be within walking distance to one of my favorite restaurants called Sweet T’s. They were burned down in the 17 October fires and are reopening near that shopping center, if you have been to New Orleans this is the best Cajun food around. Shrimp Gumbo to die for.

Reactions: Blu Zap
So far as I can see from Windsor's permit tracking site, Tesla still hasn't responded to the comments from when their initial submission for the building permit application was denied 3 months ago. Based on other sites, it often takes 3-4 submissions/review cycles before they get to an approved permit. Though the turn around for any cycles after the 2nd tends to be much quicker. After which construction can start if they're ready to move forward.

IMO, this site won't be live next month.

Reactions: PLUS EV
How the world changes. In the late 1970's I used to work in Windsor. There was no restaurants nor stores. To make a phone call you actually had to ask the operator to connect you to whatever number you were calling. She would then ask me the number I was calling from so she knew who to bill for the call. That was only 40 years ago! Now a Supercharger!

• Funny
Reactions: ohmman and jjgunn
Some progress here...

I just checked the Windor's building permit tracking site, permit B18-0481, and now see under the Reviews area that there is approval (w/ conditions).

Notes from the latest inspection:

EXISTING SHOPPING CENTER WAS BUILT IN THE COUNTY. PARKING SPACES DO NOT CONFORM TO CURRENT TOWN DESIGN STANDARDS. WORK WILL MAKE THE PARKING SPACES MORE COMPLIANT AND ARE FOR TESLA'S ONLY.
REQUESTED CLIMBING PLANTS FOR BETTER SCREENING OF THE ENCLOSURE.

Reactions: mociaf9 and Troy916
Some progress here...

I just checked the Windor's building permit tracking site, permit B18-0481, and now see under the Reviews area that there is approval (w/ conditions).
Nice! Given the long dormancy (6 months without any change), I had started to worry this location was abandoned/cancelled. BTW, that approval was from the Planning subsection review. No approval yet from the Building subsection review.

Some progress here...

Notes from the latest inspection:

EXISTING SHOPPING CENTER WAS BUILT IN THE COUNTY. PARKING SPACES DO NOT CONFORM TO CURRENT TOWN DESIGN STANDARDS. WORK WILL MAKE THE PARKING SPACES MORE COMPLIANT AND ARE FOR TESLA'S ONLY.
REQUESTED CLIMBING PLANTS FOR BETTER SCREENING OF THE ENCLOSURE.
Updates:
  1. The Building permit was approved on 2019-05-29, though it hasn't actually been issued yet. So the ball is theoretically now firmly in Tesla's and Raley's court. Once they're ready to move forward with construction, they should be able to pick up the permit and start almost immediately.
  2. The information in the permit description was updated to now read, "NSTALL (N) TESLA CHARGING EQUIPMENT INCLUDING (12) POSTS TO (E) PARKING AREA" [(N) and (E) stand for New and Existing, respectively]. So, now we know that there will be 12 stalls.

• Informative
Reactions: Blup85
I also did a lap around Raley's today and saw nothing.
The building permit hasn't been issued yet (though it has been approved, so Tesla just needs to go pick it up). Not much use bothering to look for construction until that happens. If you want to check on permit status, go to Windsor's permitting portal and search permit# B18-0481. Once you see it's been issued, then it'll start being worthwhile to go reconnoiter Raley's.