Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Woodburn, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While not stated exactly today, it was said that they would charge at 200 miles in 30 minutes, implying 120kW. Dependent on SOC of course.

I think others in the recent past have questioned the actual voltage labels on the transformers tho.

Well it seems clear that only the 85s can get that high. And the Tesla folks confirmed that to me today. The 60s only get about 3/4 of that.

While not stated exactly today, it was said that they would charge at 200 miles in 30 minutes, implying 120kW. Dependent on SOC of course.

I think others in the recent past have questioned the actual voltage labels on the transformers tho.

tempted to go try it out today, i'm taking a friend to the airport, yes the Portland airport, from Seattle, long story. The best I've seen was in Folsom at 1:30AM, I achieved 280 mph gain, figure I had full head pressure from the grid and no other cars charging.

Yeah, I hope Ellensburg happens soon but I think the focus is on the I5 corridor.

T-day is exactly 13 weeks away. We should be seeing permitting activity very very soon. Once we see the permit applications, it's a pretty predictable path, especially if ADK is doing the work. I am cautiously optimistic but would not be surprised if they miss that date based on their track record. As I've said elsewhere, these are complicated projects with lots of moving parts and plenty of places for delay to creep in.

Agreed on all points. I can live without Ellensburg this year. But it would make it easier to get at least halfway through Oregon in one day.

I gave up on doing my road trip to Woodburn this weekend. My wife is too nervous about Labor Day traffic. I'll probably do my trip taking 2 days to Woodburn on Tuesday with several side trips, and come back up to Olympia on the 2nd day as well.

Visited the supercharger at Woodburn today, about 11:15 AM - the parking lot was completely full, but all of the supercharging stations were empty. Plugged in, went and had brunch with a friend. Came back out, found someone munching on their Arby's in a supercharger spot underneath some shade.

It's a good and bad thing - most people are respecting the Tesla spots, but someone did park there not in a Tesla. The interesting thing about this was that Elmer's wasn't that full - the cars in his lot aren't all customers'. Arby's customers and others seem be parking there.

- - - Updated - - -

I gave up on doing my road trip to Woodburn this weekend. My wife is too nervous about Labor Day traffic.

FYI, I-5 was a parking lot from 217 South - I ended up using Waze to find a sideroad path past most of it.

Nice video, Frankc.

Speaking for the out-of-staters, I asked soon after I arrived why the 6 vehicles weren't already plugged in so that the rest of us could save <speech duration> time waiting for a charge. They promised to keep the speeches short but didn't budge.

Fortunately, I was able to grab one of the two podium spots right after speeches so I didn't have to wait much. :)

I felt like this one was worth documenting:
Greg said:
In 1863, men across the country were aggressively driving spikes into the ground in a grand effort to produce the first transcontinental railroad system. When completed, it chiseled a place in history and changed our country forever. A hundred and fifty years later in Woodburn, OR, Tesla is driving their own kind of spike. Make no mistake. Tesla is making history right now before our eyes, and they will forever change how we navigate our roads. I'm deeply honored to be part of it. Tesla Motors has done an outstanding job assembling a team of professionals and have made installation of the infrastructure a very enjoyable experience. First of all I'd like to thank Tesla Motors, specifically Greg __ and Douglas ___ for choosing our parking lot. I'd like to personally thank Oregon General Electric, specifically Stan's sister, Rick ___, Dale ___. These chargers would not be here if it were not for them. The city of Woodburn simply could not be easier to work with. I am grateful. Frank and the Tesla Motors Club, thank you for photos and updates in my absence. You guys are great. Last but not least, if someone from Tesla could give Elon Musk a personal message from me -- tell him to get some sleep. This world and Mars cannot afford him to not be dreaming.

Last edited:
Thank you Woodburn & Tesla !
I'll be stopping to charge within the next few weeks on my 2,200 mile road trip from Alberta, Canada to Southern California.

The leg from Woodburn to Folsom is quite a distance, so it looks like I'll be making at lease one overnight stop. (probably in Yreka, CA)
Hoping TESLA gets a SC on that stretch of road soon.