TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Superchargers at WaWa?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Swampgator, Jul 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Swampgator

Swampgator Member

I haven't seen any announcements on this but the supercharger info site lists a new location in Pinellas Park, Fl 3101 Gandy Blvd. This is a large WaWa. Interesting development I think.

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  2. ModelNforNerd

ModelNforNerd Active Member

There's at least one WaWa in Virginia I'm holding out hope for.

3. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

#3 HankLloydRight, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    Growing up in South Jersey, Wawa is in my DNA. But after moving to Boston and now Connecticut, there isn't a Wawa to be found anywhere. The closest one is off the NJTP.

When Wawa expanded to Florida, where my brother and niece live (who both LOVE Wawa), it was a dagger to the heart.

And now they're adding Superchargers? When will the torture end?

Wawa, if you're reading this.. PLEASE expand into New England.

:)

4. Drone Flyer

Drone Flyer Member

A Supercharger in Wawa, Ontario? This would be great as it would be the start of the Trans Canada route through Northern Ontario!

• Like x 1
  5. ModelNforNerd

ModelNforNerd Active Member

Having lived in VA for a while, I was there when WaWa invaded. Awesome place....the parking lots can get crazy at times....LOL

Only problem is, New England is Cumby's territory. That would start a turf war...and it didn't end well for Krispy Kreme when they showed up in Dunks' territory.

6. azred

azred Member

Baba Wawa. Who knew this would be her post-20-20 gig.

7. LoL Rick

LoL Rick Like Buttah

Thanks for the tip! We knew that one was coming to the area, but not the exact location of it. Tesla never officially announces new superchargers until well after they are open.

I started a thread in the Florida section with some pictures I took at lunchtime today.

Supercharger - Pinellas Park Wawa

8. swengl

swengl Member

9. CT200h

CT200h Member

The other chain we heard news in is RubyTuesday , there was an announcement about Tesla chargers going onto its sites nationwide but that was over a year ago.
    We have a RubyTuesday here in Warrenton Va it's right on rt 29 and would make a great site.
    I see some serious utility work on the site but it doesn't apppear to be for superchargers, though I did have my hopes up.
    We have. WaWa too. Always have lots of power transformers in the lot you think it could be done.

10. James Anders

James Anders Member

Perhaps my letter wasn't in vain....

Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at 1.10.16 AM.png

11. Economite

Economite Member

Wow! Wawa corporate style really likes exclamation points! She even used one in the one customized sentence in her form letter ("I believe offering a charging station for our customers is a great idea!")! Someone must have told them that explanation points show that they care!

• Like x 1