Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Northern California (location speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Petaluma would be a very good place for a supercharger. Heading North, it is the right distance from the South Bay. If continuing North on 101 it is right. If heading to the coast, it is right for 128 heading to the coast. Heading East on 20 to Clear Lake and other places inland, it is good too.

Eventually they will need other superchargers North, East, and several on 1 along the North coast.

I routinely drive my S85 from my home in San Mateo to Santa Rosa, roundtrip 147 miles, which is easy to do at any legal speed without charging during the trip.

How far is the trip you are planning? Your profile shows you have an 85 and are in Palo Alto. Unless you are going well past Santa Rosa you should be fine. Keep it to 65 on the freeways.

I could manage the round trip - but the objective is wine tasting with another couple, so there will be plenty of additional driving, not just a round trip.

An SC in Petaluma would be terrific - I hope the rumors are accurate.

The Superchargers in Gilroy and Vacaville are located at Premium Outlets properties owned by Simon Properties. Purely on that basis, I would guess Petaluma Village Premium Outlets would be strong possibility.
Good point, will also check that area for any action. The only problem with the premium outlets is there are no places to eat, and the Superchargers are usually placed so you can get some food.

You "heard" from whom? I live in San Mateo. I would never use an SC so close to me, but it seems like an odd thing for Tesla to do. They should build an SC in San Francisco so that city dwellers who don't have an inside parking space with proper electrical access could have a place to charge.

From a Tesla sales person. Could they be putting one in at the Solarcity HQ? It could be a good marketing opportunity if the Superchargers include a bunch or Solarcity panels. I would agree that a station in SF would be great.

I could manage the round trip - but the objective is wine tasting with another couple, so there will be plenty of additional driving, not just a round trip.

An SC in Petaluma would be terrific - I hope the rumors are accurate.
Ok, here it is. New supercharger construction at the Washington Place shopping center off of highway 101 and Washington St. Petaluma. Looks like it might be ready by end of year, directly across from Dick's Sporting Goods.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,232
From a Tesla sales person. Could they be putting one in at the Solarcity HQ? It could be a good marketing opportunity if the Superchargers include a bunch or Solarcity panels. I would agree that a station in SF would be great.

The SolarCity HQ is just off the 92 between the 280 and the 101. Not a bad spot I suppose. About two miles from my house. I'll never use it, but for those on long trips passing through the SF peninsula it would be useful.

NorCal Supercharger locations?

Ok, here it is. New supercharger construction at the Washington Place shopping center off of highway 101 and Washington St. Petaluma. Looks like it might be ready by end of year, directly across from Dick's Sporting Goods.

@Merrill, nice sighting. I will check it out next time I have some work at Petaluma Valley Hospital.

I wonder if a Model S HPWC could be installed there, then I could charge my Roadster using Henry Sharp's new adaptor.