Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Northern California (location speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by Vacaville last night. They've torn up one of the parking spaces and started trenching from the parking lot to the street. Great to see progress!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383788626.950869.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383788654.416819.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383788663.800349.jpg

Another Vacaville update- Supercharger boxes have landed! There will be 8 charging spots. And trenching and conduit is almost done. Next step is fitting hardware and concrete pour but looks like the power company transformer on the grass by the street is still a couple weeks from being installed.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384109440.577120.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384109466.192213.jpg

These with the same outfit that did the installations up north? They have any idea where they're headed next?
They said they were nearly sent to Maryland/Montana when paperwork issues almost delayed the vacaville construction.

they also said they had projects in Arizona and Wisconsin... I believe, despite earlier reports, they weren't the crews from up north... I'll ask them tomorrow.

These with the same outfit that did the installations up north? They have any idea where they're headed next?

Vacaville is coming along... I have a picture from yesterday that I will post at some point. Basically, the frame of the plug in stations are up. The crew will probably be done mid to lat next week is my guess according to what they told me.... They seem to think pg and e will be the biggest hold up after that... And it might be a few weeks.

napabill, this is the crews first location, so they weren't the crew from up north.

Vacaville is coming along... I have a picture from yesterday that I will post at some point. Basically, the frame of the plug in stations are up. The crew will probably be done mid to lat next week is my guess according to what they told me.... They seem to think pg and e will be the biggest hold up after that... And it might be a few weeks.

napabill, this is the crews first location, so they weren't the crew from up north.
image.jpg

I'm curious if there is any rumor about this location. I'm looking at a trip down I-5 through CA and there is a bit of a hole in the I-5 corridor unless you go over to Folsom.. wondering if this location will fill the gap.

View attachment 35991

Only hope in the near term is that Vacaville is finished. That would require a slight detour off I-5 down I-80, then back to I-5 in Stockton. It's currently under construction, as you can see above. Vacaville to Harris Ranch should be doable if you have a MS85. I go from Napa to Harris Ranch, no problem.

I'm curious if there is any rumor about this location. I'm looking at a trip down I-5 through CA and there is a bit of a hole in the I-5 corridor unless you go over to Folsom.. wondering if this location will fill the gap.

Corning to Manteca at 175 miles, might also work without getting to far off the 5.

Unfortunately, Manteca is also labeled Fall 2013, and I don't think they started there yet. My hopes for a Manteca SC in time for a Holiday drive up to Kirkwood are fading fast.

Only hope in the near term is that Vacaville is finished. That would require a slight detour off I-5 down I-80, then back to I-5 in Stockton. It's currently under construction, as you can see above. Vacaville to Harris Ranch should be doable if you have a MS85. I go from Napa to Harris Ranch, no problem.

I have a 60, so it makes things more tricky. Right now it looks like the only option is Corning to Folsom. Then Folsom to Harris Ranch is outside the range of a 60.

I'm not planning to make the trip until next year (March timeframe), so hopefully things will fill in a bit by then.