Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I travelled through the Richmond area and did some recon.
According to a worker, it has to be turned over by the 21st, so expect it to open sometime after that.
It is a great location. Near the intersection of two interstate highways and lots to do in the surrounding parking lot.

image.jpeg
photo.JPG

Last edited:
Solar install? Or maybe a herringbone pattern or that basket-weave pattern with grass poking up through it.

View attachment 32214

But then, who's going to mow the parking lot to make it look nice and uniform?

Probably not, to either/any/all.
The only two locations that I know of with Solar panels are in Cali (although looking ahead, as part of Phase Two, posts/roofs/PVs are scheduled to be added/installed).
Latest photos of Hawthorne had major amounts of the perforated concrete with grass removed and replaced with large concrete pads.
I have not seen any other locations with the perforated concrete with grass, or an adjacent water feature.
Again, they probably won't have that level of design due to the required continual maintenance as a part of their scheme.

I would expect it to look like 95% of the already completed Supercharger stations, with striped parking spaces, a series of small power monuments (bays), some (appropriate) signage mounted on posts, at least one site-mounted large electrical transformer and a fenced/concealed area that will contain the rest of the ESVE towers and ancillary equipment.

Went by there today just before the deluge:

RVASupercharger20131007.jpg

They were not excavating on the pavement in front of the 8 bays, it was just where they were putting the extra soil. Concrete work is next, Virginia Dominion Power was onsite today and the electrical work should start very soon.

Went by there today just before the deluge:

View attachment 32533

They were not excavating on the pavement in front of the 8 bays, it was just where they were putting the extra soil. Concrete work is next, Virginia Dominion Power was onsite today and the electrical work should start very soon.

Great follow-up pic and excellent post/update analysis.
Yep, everything was excavated behind the curb for the conduits and piers for the bays and at the one end where the transformer and ESVE towers will be located.