Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One possible location in Northern Virginia to look for the Superchargers is the Fairfax Court Shopping Center. MAP LINK It is a Simon Property and many of the Superchargers seem to be going in at their Malls and Shopping Centers. Potomac Mills belongs to Simon as well as Fashion Centre at Pentagon City.

Since I live in Woodbridge, if I see anything I will definitely shoot out a message here! If someone has any suggestions on where to look, I would gladly take a swing around.

I will say if it were me, and you actually wanted to go with Woodbridge (not really the best of choices IMO, but I digress), I would go with Stonebridge at Potomac Town Center. It is right off the interstate there, and is a rather new but very classy shopping center. Although, certainly not on the cheaper side of things.

Personally, my gauge on the dot, places it in the woodbridge/dale city area, vice springfield, so I would be willing to bet that is where it will go. I think the issue if you get up farther into Springfield/Alexandria/DC etc parking gets severely limited, so you are more likely to have people jacking the spaces and such.

Anyway, I will keep an eye out, and also track this thread to help out :)

The only route I am looking forward to opening up, is Hagerstown, MD and Morgantown, WV so I can make it to visit my parents who live in the middle of nowhere Ohio haha!

Got the news we were looking for. Below is an excerpt of the email from the supercharging team.

"We are in the process of installing a temporary Supercharger in the Bethesda area and are targeting completion by the end of the month.* This temporary site will be operational to support the east coast corridor until our permanent site in the Woodbridge."

Last edited:
Got the news we were looking for. Below is an excerpt of the email from the supercharging team.

"We are in the process of installing a temporary Supercharger in the Bethesda area and are targeting completion by the end of the month.* This temporary site will be operational to support the east coast corridor until our permanent site in the Woodbridge."

Wow. How very strange. In Bethesda? And temporary? There has to be evidence now if it is to be ready by end of the month.

At the Montgomery Mall? At the Rockville service center? Both of those are "in the Bethesda area," sort of. It's hard to imagine doing a temporary installation anywhere else, though.

Rockville service center is a no go. Talked to one of the guys there and that option was investigated. They found that they would have to darken the service center and the building next to door to power 8 bays lol.

Last edited:

For what it's worth, here is the email response I got today from the Tesla Supercharging team:

"Thank you for your email and suggestions. You will be happy to know that we have a site location selected for our Woodbridge area Supercharger. We are moving through permitting now. Please continue to monitor our website for updates and announcements."

so based on both pieces of info, we can determine that they have a site selected and at the very least the go ahead from the property owner and now all we are waiting for is the permitting process to get signed off on by the Gov. Assuming that happens soonish we can expect action within a month or so... Seems a bit crazy to stick one up 30 miles away in Bethesda as a "temporary" fix. Why not just wait the few months, unless they are pushing for some deadline on announcing north to south travel on the east coast... Seems like a waste of money for a publicity stunt... But I guess if it makes more people willing to buy their cars, go for it I suppose.

For what it's worth, here is the email response I got today from the Tesla Supercharging team:

"Thank you for your email and suggestions. You will be happy to know that we have a site location selected for our Woodbridge area Supercharger. We are moving through permitting now. Please continue to monitor our website for updates and announcements."

so based on both pieces of info, we can determine that they have a site selected and at the very least the go ahead from the property owner and now all we are waiting for is the permitting process to get signed off on by the Gov. Assuming that happens soonish we can expect action within a month or so... Seems a bit crazy to stick one up 30 miles away in Bethesda as a "temporary" fix. Why not just wait the few months, unless they are pushing for some deadline on announcing north to south travel on the east coast... Seems like a waste of money for a publicity stunt... But I guess if it makes more people willing to buy their cars, go for it I suppose.

Cool. My speculation is that Mr. Musk's trip brings him to DC and then onto NYC.

Reliable source says it will be in Potomac Mills Mall. Permit address is 2700 Potomac Mills Circle.

I can't say I am surprised since it is a Simon property... However this is the worst spot you could put it, In my humble opinion... Getting into the mall isn't the easiest, compared to other shopping centers right off the interstate. But, oh well.

anyone have any guesses how long permitting takes? I can totally go scout the property to keep tabs on it since this place is in my backyard. Haha