Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20767844_10212516327676493_5559759455385679984_n.jpg

any luck to have it open by this weekend?

Unfortunately, there's no chance of that. I just visited the site and the platform for the H-Q transformer is still empty. Who knows how long the utility monopoly will take to deliver and install the transformer. Then Tesla will have to visit for an inspection before the lights go on. There is also landscaping and painting to be performed.

WooHoo!!!!!
Driving to Quebec from San Diego....Hitting the road on Sept 5th. Im planning on using only SC facilities unless my hotel choices offer an over night charge (which is always nice to start out with a 100%) My only gap for charging was in Quebec City, but it looks like thats a problem that is about to be solved. Keeping my fingers crossed that this site will be up and running when I arrive about mid Sept.

Please keep posting if you are a local and can give us pics and updates!

According with a worker on this site, the H-Q transformer will be there this week. After that Tesla make inspection before power on.

The same worker tell me Brossard Dix-30 start working this week.

10/30 is such a no brainer... everything can pass by there... for those coming from let's say Toronto and want to bypass Montréal to get directly to Québec city, it's the perfect situation while avoiding the Montréal traffic... they will just have to use the highway 30 and bingo!

I must say that the boys from Rivière-du-Loup / Notre-Dame-du-Portage did a great job again!

But I still wonder why Tesla wasted time/money/energy to build the St-Laurent SuperCharger... bad spot... heavy traffic around (to come and go)

Did the guy give you a hint of where exactly the next SC will be at Quartier 10/30? Maybe at the Alt Hotel?

• Disagree
Reactions: fsch and RiverBrick
10/30 is such a no brainer... everything can pass by there... for those coming from let's say Toronto and want to bypass Montréal to get directly to Québec city, it's the perfect situation while avoiding the Montréal traffic... they will just have to use the highway 30 and bingo!

Same for Ottawa to and from many points East of Drummondville. For a 60 or 70 Drummondville-Ottawa is too long in the Winter and stopping at the Montreal Supercharger means getting stuck in traffic. Being able to bypass the entire island of Montreal will be huge (if this long rumored Dix30 project actually comes true.)

But I still wonder why Tesla wasted time/money/energy to build the St-Laurent SuperCharger... bad spot... heavy traffic around (to come and go)

Perhaps because there are just a few more people from Toronto or Ottawa going to Downtown Montreal rather than Quebec City, and who want to charge just before getting into the center of the city or just after leaving it? Plus those going to the airport a few km away from that SC. And what about those coming from the Laurentides (North of Montreal). Then imagine if all these people had to cross the Champlain bridge to go to the DIX30 before returning to Ontario! Can't imagine how many people would be complaining on the forum if the first important SC in the Montreal area would have been at the DIX30. A spot near the 15/40 junction and the airport was obviously a good choice.