Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've heard from a member of Club Tesla Quebec that some paperwork is still pending from Tesla's side before they can complete the work... but I don't know how reliable the information is.
I was hoping for the Superchargers to be ready too this weekend, I'll have to use CHAdeMO instead. First road trip with my new Tesla!!

I've heard from a member of Club Tesla Quebec that some paperwork is still pending from Tesla's side before they can complete the work... but I don't know how reliable the information is.
I was hoping for the Superchargers to be ready too this weekend, I'll have to use CHAdeMO instead. First road trip with my new Tesla!!
I would say a very reliable source :) I would be very skeptic if that wasn't Stephane Pascalon. As the president of the Club Tesla Quebec and and project manager at IVI he has a lot of contacts. We also know Eric Dubois, the manager responsible of Supercharger deployment in Quebec and sometimes he let us know a bit of details when he can.

Just passed by the charger, still closed.
IMG_1162.JPG

Tell that member to tell his source to call up his tesla contact to tell them to fill up those darn papers.

Got it ? ;)

I drove through here yesterday to check on the site. Looked exact same as the picture above so I didn't bother taking any more pics. No news to report unfortunately.

As a side note, what is with all the malls in Quebec closing at 5:30pm? I have lived in 3 different countries in Europe so I've had some experience with insanely stupid business hours, but never anything quite this stupid lol.

I drove through here yesterday to check on the site. Looked exact same as the picture above so I didn't bother taking any more pics. No news to report unfortunately.

As a side note, what is with all the malls in Quebec closing at 5:30pm? I have lived in 3 different countries in Europe so I've had some experience with insanely stupid business hours, but never anything quite this stupid lol.

Well here in Montreal most malls close at 9. Smaller malls stores close depending on the market they cater too.

5:30? I have been in Lévis all my life and never heard that. Take a look at Google maps you will see.View attachment 246346
So Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday it closes at 6pm. That's pretty ridiculous! At least to an outsider.

The two malls I was at that closed at 5:30 on those days were Les Galeries Chagnon in Levis and the mall that hosts the supercharger in Drummondville.

This is kind of a big issue for superchargers given the availability of washrooms and other amenities. It's already annoying to not be able to use such facilities at mall superchargers elsewhere even when they are open till 9pm, but 5:30 or 6pm is really tough.

So Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday it closes at 6pm. That's pretty ridiculous! At least to an outsider.

The two malls I was at that closed at 5:30 on those days were Les Galeries Chagnon in Levis and the mall that hosts the supercharger in Drummondville.

This is kind of a big issue for superchargers given the availability of washrooms and other amenities. It's already annoying to not be able to use such facilities at mall superchargers elsewhere even when they are open till 9pm, but 5:30 or 6pm is really tough.

Both have a Tim Horton close by... They aren't too far, I'd say 5 minute walk... Maybe for an American that's a lot... :)

Yes, this site is unfortunately in limbo. On another subject, are you attempting to visit all North American Superchargers?
I just completed Canada! I'm fairly sure I'm the only one to have charged at all 28 superchargers in Canada. Of course that will change when Levis and/or Brossard go live.

Charging at every live supercharger in the US will be impossible since by the time I finish one part of the country, new ones open up on the other side of the country, so no, that isn't my explicit goal as it wouldn't be possible :)

Well it is an issue about cash. Payday is on thursday and people are eager to burn all their income on thursday night, friday and during the week-end.

I do agree that some services are required at SC. I think the new one here will be perfect for that.