Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperChargers - Rivière-du-Loup, Qc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For a fast charger in RdL, the map says « Emplacement non défini. En service à l'automne 2016 ». Peut-être…Il faut que l'on se dépêche. (They'll have to hurry.)

As for Sydney to PM at 385 km (my map says 391), that's unwise to attempt in an 85 if there are hills, headwinds, rain, or frequent substantial changes of speed. I don't know the road myself.

I think people should be looking for developments in Levis before looking for construction in Riviere-du-Loup. I can see Tesla wanting to have their ducks in a row rather than build an isolated Supercharger. I know QC has QCs, but those QCs are not SCs.

Levis, QC
Riviere-du-Loup, QC

There is a certain logic behind such a buildup, but there are also several issues with it.

1) If you run into problems securing a site in the early part of the chain you unnecessarily delay sites down the line.
2) RDL is 327 km from Drummondville. When TM opened their Cross-country Supercharger route there were 337 km separating Barstow from Kingman and wasn't another year until Needles came online to reduce that gap, despite there being absolutely no public J1772, HPWC or CHAdeMO for backup. There are currently four well-spaced CHAdeMO between Drummondville and RDL as well as several HPWC and 40A or higher J1772 for emergencies, so what's the worst that could happen if RDL were built before Levis?
3) There are a few hundred owners in the Quebec City or Trois-Rivieres, Beauce, etc. who don't need a Supercharger site in Levis, but for whom in RDL is important.

Reactions: Jaff
Here we go ! Construction is on itts way in RDL ! From solid sources, more than 4 stalls will be installed. As mentioned, the location is adjacent to the Hotel/Motel Universel. Now the question : How long will it take ? Enjoy the pictures !

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    651.4 KB · Views: 111
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    432.9 KB · Views: 105
Exciting news for Québécois (yes, I had to look that up!)

A question - I can't see anything Tesla specific in the above pictures. Is it definitely the SC or could it be another fast charger?
The green/gray cabinets you see to the right of the first picture are only used when connecting multiple fast chargers. Our CHAdeMO/SAE Combo fast chargers are always installed in single config so this is a Supercharger setup.

• Informative
Reactions: Jaff and Chuq
RDL is 327 km from Drummondville.

Any new tesla can make that trip. At least in the summer with a full charge. Even a 60 rear wheel drive can manage 377 km on a full charge at the speed limit (100 km/hr).

Funny I was telling my GF's father today (while taking him for a drive in my new model s in NB) that I assumed r-du-l was waiting for Levis because why do the one before the other? Guess I was wrong. Although I expect to see Levis soon too.

2) RDL is 327 km from Drummondville. When TM opened their Cross-country Supercharger route there were 337 km separating Barstow from Kingman and wasn't another year until Needles came online to reduce that gap, despite there being absolutely no public J1772, HPWC or CHAdeMO for backup. There are currently four well-spaced CHAdeMO between Drummondville and RDL as well as several HPWC and 40A or higher J1772 for emergencies, so what's the worst that could happen if RDL were built before Levis?

This is spot on - same thing in many others. See the Australian SC network below. The lower six were built in 2015. A similar length route North of Sydney, with a similar density of superchargers, is due to be done by end of 2016. But notice the first two of the northern route are spaced enough such that the route is navigable by 85kWh+ cars on a 100% charge - similar to Drummondville to RdL.

DyMdjJB.png

Reactions: RiverBrick
Not only is it the SC, we now have definitive proof that the equipment originally meant for here was stolen by Magog. Photo of one of the cabinets in RDL.

I was completely surprised by the Magog install. I was going to Auburn Maine for an event June 24 and at the last minute the Magog SC lit up. I could take my Tesla!

When I went there the maps did not know about it (kept routing me to New Hampshire - you need to believe!) and I peeled off the blue plastic over the charge port button. Very excited about RDL and hopefully Woodstock. Writing this from my cottage in PEI with my Honda in the driveway.

• Love
Reactions: rypalmer
I was completely surprised by the Magog install. I was going to Auburn Maine for an event June 24 and at the last minute the Magog SC lit up. I could take my Tesla!

When I went there the maps did not know about it (kept routing me to New Hampshire - you need to believe!) and I peeled off the blue plastic over the charge port button. Very excited about RDL and hopefully Woodstock. Writing this from my cottage in PEI with my Honda in the driveway.
I drove Toronto->Charlottetown round trip in July and will do that drive many times a year. That last 650km is a challenge! Might see you on PEI sometime.