Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers visited 3.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regarding SID, we also have a field, TSID. @tes-s can explain how/why we have this field and how it relates to SID.
TSID comes from the Tesla data and is what they use on the website "find us" page. Supercharge.info also carries it, and it equates to what @bram-atmire calls "location-id". Unfortunately, the download of charging history carries Tesla's supercharger name, not the location_id.

With all due respect, what on earth is being discussed, please? All the acronyms and other jargon makes zero sense to this old accountant. 😕

The back end that powers the game. Two folks are currently developing phone apps to track Supercharger visits, and our game admins are providing feedback on how best to accommodate our group's technical needs.

• Informative
Reactions: cpa and Darren S
Thanks for the reply! Adding to the discussion below.

Unlike supercharge.info, we continue to leverage closed superchargers. That is likely the biggest difference. We also have some additional fields that we've tracked that are kind of nice to have as they allow for some interesting analysis and visualization of the network
Permit Date
Construction Date
Open Date
V3 Upgrade Date
Stalls Upgraded
Closed Date

Regarding SID, we also have a field, TSID. @tes-s can explain how/why we have this field and how it relates to SID.

We also have a sub-competition that has become quite popular, which is tracking who in the competition gets to the supercharger first. We only track this at the day level pretty intentionally. This is not the first visit of anyone on the planet, but the first visit by competitors. Anyone who visits on that same day gets to claim a first.

Be glad we even have dates at all. Until we cobbled this solution together, the OGs only tracked that they had visited, not even the date of the visit. Thankfully, most have been able to recreate -- either exactly or pretty closely -- the dates they visited those original superchargers. Where that couldn't be done, we round to the end of the nearest month or year, so there are quite a few entries like December 31, 2015.

I'm not totally opposed to Gravatar. It must be a bigger thing in Europe than it is here in the USA.

Our nicknames are our TMC handles. That is an artifact of how the game got started as a wiki within TMC. I'm quite certain that not all competitors will want to use their real names publicly as I know from personal knowledge that several of the competitors are very privacy-minded. It appears they could put anything they want for first/last name so maybe it isn't a big deal but I can't say for certain.

If you haven't taken a look at the visualizations yet, please do. We would seek to replicate some/all of these when we move to a new architecture. In particular:, we use the following visualizations everyday
The free tier of Tableau does not allow connections to relational databases so we'd need to figure out how else these visualizations could be created.

I'm not sure yet that it is appropriate to join these two efforts together but I appreciate you joining the discussion to see where it might lead.
Thanks for all the great info. I will work on importing and getting visual aids to track progress. This will take a little longer to get this going.

I can download all my supercharger visits with date and time back to January of 2017 - would be nice if users could download each of their monthly files, combine them, and import that for visits 2017 and later. That would also be a better indication of their visit - recorded by Tesla, not the honor system.
Thanks for this information, @tes-s . I downloaded my supercharger visits since January 2017, but it seems visits do not get recorded if less than 1 kWh was added during the charging session (which is something that can happen during this game). I checked my visits on April 3, 2022 and only 46 of the 53 locations were in the downloaded file for the month of April.

Thanks for this information, @tes-s . I downloaded my supercharger visits since January 2017, but it seems visits do not get recorded if less than 1 kWh was added during the charging session (which is something that can happen during this game). I checked my visits on April 3, 2022 and only 46 of the 53 locations were in the downloaded file for the month of April.
Yes, makes sense. Less than 1kWh they probably figure it was an unsuccessful charge. Would be nice if the recorded it, but just did not bill for it.

Could compare to our spreadsheet and add rows for missing superchargers, guessing at the time, before importing it. Might also be useful to lookup the SID based on the name Tesla has, to make the import easier. There are so many different names for a supercharger, and they change....

It will take some time to get back to everything that has been mentioned in the last replies, but I just wanted to already answer two topics/questions.

How does Supercheck.in treat old/closed superchargers?

Basically I never de-list or remove superchargers, because people should still be able to use the backlog feature to log a checkin against any supercharger.

Every night, I crawl the full published list of superchargers from supercharge.info https://supercharge.info/service/supercharge/allSites
I update the ones that have been changed (coords, address, ....) and I add new ones.

If I remember 100% correctly, I don't do anything with the supercharge.info statuses of a supercharger right now. So as soon as the charger pops up in https://supercharge.info/service/supercharge/allSites - you can log a checkin against it.

Does Supercheck.in have a badge or reward people for being "first" at a new location?

I thought about adding a badge that represents this competition/achievement, but given that you can log any arbitrary check-in in the past, with any date or time using the backlog feature, it could be gamed super super easily.

I think this is something where you have a better handle on things, using your central spreadsheet and the relatively high threshold to participate, e.g. having an account here, getting into the sheet etc.

So far, I'm unable to come up with a mechanic that requires no human intervention or review, to ensure that the "first" checkins at new locations would be real or honest.

I could add a badge for being first & I could also put the first user that ever checked in somewhere on a pedestal on the location pages ... but I wouldn't know how to prevent this from being gamed/cheated.

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
Are you looking for feedback on SuperCheck.In? There is no Contact link on it so maybe not.

Its actually missing a lot. I can't figure out a way to delete a mistaken entry. It would be nice if I could click the down arrow on the year when entering a Backlog where the year field didn't MOVE so my next click down is just on open air. I can't see friends, do I have to know their login to access them, I don't see a browse feature, I don't even see a place to enter their email or user ID to look them up. I only see them when looking at a Supercharger that we both have marked as visited. Does that show ALL users who have visited this site?

Lots of issues trying to enter data until I figured out I can paste the timestamp from my Tesla Account and then click outside DateTime Picker and it will convert that to the correct time/date for that visit. Would be nice if eventually it could just walk my data from my Tesla Account and create the visits automagically. Guess it would require having the correct Tesla Supercharger Names and not using abbreviations or historic names for them.

Thanks for doing this, it looks like a very exciting project, I spent my afternoon and evening putting in my historical data.

Thank you for your enthusiasm and feedback @Randy Spencer
Are you looking for feedback on SuperCheck.In? There is no Contact link on it so maybe not.
You are correct, there is no contact link at the moment.
After your initial registration, you should get an email with an invitation link to the facebook group where the users/adopters discuss requirements, report bugs etc ... This is the main feedback channel for the time being.

Any mail you get from the system, if you reply, it ends in my mailbox.

The link to my name in the footer currently points to the buy me a coffee page, good point that I better also make contact details easier to find !!!

Its actually missing a lot. I can't figure out a way to delete a mistaken entry.
On the /checkin page where you see your checkins, you should see a little x next to every checkin, that you can use to delete.
For some reason right now, this is rendered only on desktop and not on mobile ... I have to figure that out to get it back on mobile.
It would be nice if I could click the down arrow on the year when entering a Backlog where the year field didn't MOVE so my next click down is just on open air.
Great comment ... maybe I can do something to de-activate page scrilling when arrows are pressed. I would have to look into that.
I can't see friends, do I have to know their login to access them, I don't see a browse feature, I don't even see a place to enter their email or user ID to look them up. I only see them when looking at a Supercharger that we both have marked as visited. Does that show ALL users who have visited this site?
That's also indeed a very very valid comment. Right now, I've tried to be as careful as possible not to spread people/user data around too much. So indeed, you would need to know someone's profile link in order to add them as a friend OR from the location page, you can easily find the people who checked in recently, as you say.
I'm not 100% sure if I show ALL users or just the most recent visitors.

Lots of issues trying to enter data until I figured out I can paste the timestamp from my Tesla Account and then click outside DateTime Picker and it will convert that to the correct time/date for that visit. Would be nice if eventually it could just walk my data from my Tesla Account and create the visits automagically. Guess it would require having the correct Tesla Supercharger Names and not using abbreviations or historic names for them.
I just spent my whole evening working on a batch-backlog feature, that I just launched. Will describe it in the next reply.
Thanks for doing this, it looks like a very exciting project, I spent my afternoon and evening putting in my historical data.
Thank you sir !!! It's for people like you that I'm doing this.

2022-06-18 First attempt at "Batch-Backlog" check-in feature​

I spent my whole evening on a first attempt at facilitating a historical "batch backlog" feature, to get multiple check-ins registered at the same time.
Warning that this is currently still VERY rough around the edges, so use at your own risk.

Log in => if you scroll down there, you will see a button to upload a CSV file. Following formats are supported for now:

Only LocationId​

Location id is the text name representation of a supercharger, originally used by tesla, but also represented in supercharge.info data.
Warning/Caveat: if supercharge.info has updated locationIds for superchargers, I overwrite the old one. So unfortunately, it will NOT work, if you try to checkin to a supercharger with an older locationId for a particular charger.
dateTime,comment,locationId
2022-06-17T18:53,"Pristine Toilets!!!",portmacquarie

Only siteId​

siteId is the numerical identifier for a supercharger, in supercharge.info. As far as I know, they are the most stable identifier out there.
dateTime,comment,siteId
2022-06-17T18:53,"Pristine Toilets!!!",790

Both LocationId and SiteId​

If your CSV contains both locationid and siteid, only the locationid will be looked at for now, and siteid is ignored. It still works to upload a csv that has both though.
dateTime,comment,locationId,siteId
2022-06-17T18:53,"Pristine Toilets!!!",portmacquarie,790

Not done yet / future work​

1. After you upload a CSV, you get sent to the /badges page. I have not yet built a specific page where you see a summary of the results of your batch upload.
  2. If I don't find your location, the checkin will fail silently. So if you have problematic lines in your CSV, the user interface doesn't give you feedback on your errors right now.
  3. Currently, there is no cap on the number of checkins you can batch-upload. So literally you could put a million in there and maybe you will crash the entire system by doing that. Please don't. I have backups but I don't like using them. I am very interested in your feedback what a sensible cap on the number of batch checkins could be. 100, 200, 1000 ?
Thank you in advance for any feedback on this new "Batch-Backlog" feature !!!

• Informative
Reactions: Polly Wog
The siteid is in our spreadsheet column A.
The locationid is in our spreadsheet column M. It should match supercharge.info, but in some cases supercharge.info does not have a locationid - usually newly-opened superchargers.

I suggest using siteid - that should always match supercharge.info, except for about a dozen that supercharge.info deleted when the supercharger closed.

Reactions: StephenBrown2
I made a YouTube tutorial and a Google Sheets helper file, to get you straight from the Tesla Charging history export, to the format that you can upload on the backlog page.

Google Sheets: SuperCheck.in CSV Generator

As long as I haven't implemented the cap on max batch-checkins, the google sheet is restricted, but if you are legit & request access, I'll grant it !!!

Hope this helps !!! If anyone tries it out and has comments/further feedback on the Batch-backlog feature, let me know. Also, I don't want to "hijack" this thread, so if it's recommended to spin off any of these discussions in its own thread, would be happy to do so.

Tesla Charging History only has a site name, and converting it to a siteid or locationid is a challenge.
1. Tesla can have different names in charging history for the same supercharger. Example: North Stamford, CT and North Stamford, CT - High Ridge Road
2. Tesla naming is not consistent. Example: Darien (SB), CT and Fairfield - Northbound, CT
3. Supercharge.info naming is not consistent. Example: Tuscson - East Skyline Drive, AZ and Tucscon - W River Rd, AZ (inconsistent use of abbreviations)

It would be a very manual process to map Tesla charging history name to a supercharge.info siteid or locationid for the ones that are not just a city name.

Last edited:
I made a YouTube tutorial and a Google Sheets helper file, to get you straight from the Tesla Charging history export, to the format that you can upload on the backlog page.

Google Sheets: SuperCheck.in CSV Generator

As long as I haven't implemented the cap on max batch-checkins, the google sheet is restricted, but if you are legit & request access, I'll grant it !!!

Hope this helps !!! If anyone tries it out and has comments/further feedback on the Batch-backlog feature, let me know. Also, I don't want to "hijack" this thread, so if it's recommended to spin off any of these discussions in its own thread, would be happy to do so.
In addition to @tes-s' feedback, many of us have charging history from vehicles we no longer own.

I did combine all my charging history into a single spreadsheet. I found out my most frequented charger has 426 visits, and my second most frequented charger has 205 visits. And that is just in my MS, and only back to January 2017. While that seems like a lot, my guess is @Thinkje would top that.

My MX history only goes back to January because my account got hacked - so when they changed my email address, I think they deleted the old account and created a new one.

While my MS history only goes back to 2017, there are download links for the months earlier than that - they just don't work. That is the same behavior for my MX - early months are there, but the download does not work. That leads me to believe history before 2017 is there, but they did some sort of major system upgrade at that time and our accounts are blocked from seeing our earlier data.

Very useful, I am impressed, but sadly too late. Just finished going over my uploaded data with a fine tooth comb after finding out where the button for delete was. I don't have SO many checkin's that I couldn't just remember the one's I had entered to keep duplicates out, plus as a hunter I don't really go back to ones I have already hit if possible.

I guess if you are importing from a spreadsheet it's easy to sort by SID and remove dupes before import. It's a shame Supercharge.info doesn't support updating the names when Tesla updates them. Every time a second Supercharger opens in a town they are gonna rename the original one with a more specific name.

So.... I've been doing a little analysis. Do these checkins seem a bit erroneous to anyone else?

Kozina, Slovenia

StefanSarzio
2018/04/01
Visited 933 day(s) before supercharger marked open

Bredo
2015/07/26
Visited 1913 day(s) before supercharger marked open

S-19910
2017/12/31
Visited 1024 day(s) before supercharger marked open

Elon Bear
2017/12/28
Visited 1027 day(s) before supercharger marked open

jbcarioca
2019/09/25
Visited 391 day(s) before supercharger marked open

Canary Wharf, UK

Bredo
2019/08/05
Visited 605 day(s) before supercharger marked open

Elon Bear
2018/04/25
Visited 1072 day(s) before supercharger marked open

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
About my visit to Kozina, Slovenia

Checking my "Visited map" I clearly remember that I did indeed charge there back in 2015. The visited map also back up my visit by showing it opened a few months before I was there. Comparing now with the image from Tesla and the new Kozina charger, it's clear that it has been moved since I was there and the NEW Kozina charger opened in 2020.

This was before I entered the competition and before I even started taking pictures of all my visits. I can however see if I can find some reference to it if needed be. Let me know :)

1655660218626.png

1655660372513.png

And about the Canary Wharf, UK, well:
1655661273177.png

I guess that has moved to

I see how this happened. Instead of the original site being marked closed and a new site created, the location was changed and the site was marked as reopened on supercharge.info, with the open date as the new opening date instead of the original open date.

@corywright, should the open date be changed to the original open date in these two cases?

Reactions: Bredo