Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging not permitted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped to charge yesterday, when driving again got a message I could not charge again because I did not pay. I have had, and used, the same card for a couple years. I went into the app and simply it pay - I did not do anything else. Nothing. Card was there. Why did it not automatically pay like it has a hundred times before?

I have had this happen to me last year while driving in upstate NY. I forgot to unlock foreign transactions on my Canadian credit card. I then basically got a message flashing across the screen, saying that my SuperCharger privileges had been revoked until I paid the bill. Had to fix that in the app when we next stopped and all was good after that. Had a good laugh about it too.

Man they really have this "thing" nailed down tight. 😀

No, card is fine, because of my business I literal use it multiple times a day. Same card, no changes in years. I went into the APP on my phone and it was there, hit pay, and it was paid, so I changed nothing. I charged again a couple hours later and luckily it was ok. It was unnerving because I was out of state with my daughter.

Again Tesla had my card, it just never tried to charge until until I hit the pay button in the app.

You say you were out of state - could be the bank blocked the transaction as suspect? That used to happen a lot when I was traveling.
Lot of these decisions are now a days data and algorithms driven ( AI/ML) so it may have suspected an anomaly or out of pattern usage in your card., but it is still a lot of hassle especially if you are traveling or in a time crunch with low SoC. Hope you have resolved it.

Reactions: DocHolliday
You say you were out of state - could be the bank blocked the transaction as suspect? That used to happen a lot when I was traveling.

Lot of these decisions are now a days data and algorithms driven ( AI/ML) so it may have suspected an anomaly or out of pattern usage in your card., but it is still a lot of hassle especially if you are traveling or in a time crunch with low SoC. Hope you have resolved it.

if the OP did not put a travel notification on their card, and they were somewhere they "are not normally" then I would say its a high probability of the issue being their card blocked the purchase, as stated above (vs tesla blocking the purchase).

The OP can find this out if they call into their card company and ask (vs assuming this is a tesla problem).

Reactions: AZAV8R