Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging throttles quick. Help?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called Tesla and they said this is normal and no errors are being reported.

It throttles almost immediately.

At around 60% is only at 35kw and I've watched some videos on YouTube and other S70D's charge at a much higher rate until around 75%

I drive a 2015 70D and the battery was replaced about 3 months ago.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190810-160318.png
    Screenshot_20190810-160318.png
    186.2 KB · Views: 114
It's a common failure that results in dramatically reduced supercharging speeds. Happened to me. I even told the first service center that my passenger side louver never opened any more and they said it was fine because there were no errors.

The second service center said it was defective before I'd even left when dropping it off and said there was a louver alert error for months. They replaced that louver and my supercharging speed returned to normal promptly.

My 2017 S60 season upgraded to 75 started having this issue a few months ago. Had service center visit with npf. After reading through here, checked and front Louvres don’t open and realized I don’t get the loud humming anymore while Supercharging.

Is the louvre and the fan/loud noise a direct correlation to the charge rate the car will do?

My 2017 S60 season upgraded to 75 started having this issue a few months ago. Had service center visit with npf. After reading through here, checked and front Louvres don’t open and realized I don’t get the loud humming anymore while Supercharging.

Is the louvre and the fan/loud noise a direct correlation to the charge rate the car will do?

Does anyone know if they ONLY open while supercharging? If so, i can check today. I have never seen those open on my car to be quote honest. I want to check today.