Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging Transfer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the current promotion they have now for existing owners to transfer their FUSC to a new vehicle (S3XY), I’m wondering in the future, mostly when they catch up with orders and sales have slowed, could they possibly run this type of promotion again and also include the Cybertruck? That would be pretty nice. Let me know your thoughts.

Reactions: scottf200
Good point! Do you think they’ll allow transfer to a new car in the future (Not Cybertruck) like 3,y,s,x
They offered that in the first quarter to goose sales and move some inventory. I expect they will still have that same issue again some other times during this year, so I do think they will make that offer again, and I'm going to do it this time whenever they offer it again.

No chance since the cybertruck can charge other vehicles and also run as a power backup for your home.. people would abuse this with free super charging

That could be easily fixed with software. My Tesla already keeps track of how much energy came from free supercharging and how much from at home charging. I'm sure they track energy that comes out of the Cybertruck as well. Anyone abusing the system could get a few warnings before being cut off.

That could be easily fixed with software. My Tesla already keeps track of how much energy came from free supercharging and how much from at home charging. I'm sure they track energy that comes out of the Cybertruck as well. Anyone abusing the system could get a few warnings before being cut off.
Seems like more trouble than it’s worth for Tesla.. doubt whether or not someone can transfer free super charging is a make or break deal on buying the truck for many people. I know Tesla demand is crashing and burning but I hope they never reach the point of this level of desperation