Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Surprised!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lots of angst about this on Mustang Mach-E forums as well. Supply issues affecting all manufacturers, not just Tesla, and Tesla has the additional "issue" of high demand.
In speaking with a SA at my local Tesla today, those of us on the West Coast (I am located in WA) get the cars at the end of the quarter. Cars get produced in mass quantities and are shipped to East Coast of NA and Europe first since it takes longer to deliver then to West Coast. Apparently since my specific specs were popular enough on the East Coast there were none left to fulfill my July 19th - Aug 5th shipping date, that is why it jumped to October (beginning of the next quarter). No idea how accurate this information is, but thought I would share for my fellow West Coasters.

Reactions: Jayrod17
In speaking with a SA at my local Tesla today, those of us on the West Coast (I am located in WA) get the cars at the end of the quarter. Cars get produced in mass quantities and are shipped to East Coast of NA and Europe first since it takes longer to deliver then to West Coast. Apparently since my specific specs were popular enough on the East Coast there were none left to fulfill my July 19th - Aug 5th shipping date, that is why it jumped to October (beginning of the next quarter). No idea how accurate this information is, but thought I would share for my fellow West Coasters.

@Carwhat? this is in general how it works, yes, but not 100%. We ordered our MY on April 3rd and it was built in April (not a built-in-q1-but-didn't-get-delivered-in-time unit) and delivered to us to your north in Vancouver on May 1st, 1 month into Q2. In general, at the beginning of a quarter, they focus on units that need to be shipped the furthest, but anyone that thinks all the west-coast delivery centers are idle for the first couple of months of every quarter is probably mistaken.

Reactions: Carwhat?
That would make so much sense.... I too am in Washington, awaiting my order. It seems like there is an occasionally delivery but I would agree the heavy deliveries come in the third month of the quarter

Since this is a model y forum, I assume you ordered a model y. Model Ys aren't currently shipped to Europe, so there won't be that delay. And as far as the East coast goes, I ordered a base model y on April 30th and they're estimating October 30th as the delivery date. I think your SA is blowing smoke. They really don't have any idea.