TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Swap Model X for Model S??

Discussion in 'Model S' started by MillerLite, Feb 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. MillerLite

MillerLite Member

Looking for some feedback here. I've owned a Model X (P90DL) since July of 2016. Only have about 4,000 miles on it (I have a second car). I'm considering trading in the X for an S. My main reason for this is that I just can't get comfortable with the FWD's. With my job I drive clients around as well as colleagues and I just don't like to use the X because of the FWD's. It would be very rare that I need to drive more than 3 (4 including me). Appreciate any thoughts.

2. Manzacoty

Manzacoty Member

Straight up trade for my 2013 S85 with 90k miles?!

I see where you're coming from. I've never owned an X but for driving clientd around I would prefer an S. I see the FWD and just think that would be perfect with our kids.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  3. Tam

Tam Active Member

When I tested drive the X, I felt I had more room than I have with my current car Model S.

Wear your favorite hat and try the S to make sure you have comfortable room in the S before making the switch please.

4. BestRadar

BestRadar Member

If you have a D then it is AWD not FWD.

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  5. CalBlue 85D

CalBlue 85D Member

Guys, he said trading it in, not trading it on the TMC. ; )

6. Ulmo

Ulmo Active Member

Acronyms confuse many, which is why e.g., Elon Musk despises them.

AWD = All Wheel Drive = Tesla Dual Motor.
    FWD = Front Wheel Drive everywhere else, but not here, where FWD = Falcon Wing Doors. He used it correctly.

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 1
  7. wcfinvader

wcfinvader Member

Lol I'll do one better and trade our 2014 Model S 85 with 98k miles. :D

8. UBQP

UBQP Member

I've had older people who were unable to get into my S because they couldn't bend their legs enough, or were too large. The X seems like it would be much easier for ingress/egress. You wouldn't want to embarrass clients.

• Like x 2
  9. JRMW

JRMW Member

FwD are why I didn't even consider an X. So I can see the appeal of not having those.

The S is REALLY low to the ground, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I do find it difficult to get in when I'm parked in a tight space (like my garage). You have to stand on one leg and start crouching down and tuck your head so that you don't hit the ceiling, and there are no grab handles.
    This is actually a challenge for older people and people like me (I'm 43 but my left knee is failing and that's the knee I have to stand in to get in the car)

It's no big deal if the space isn't tight and you can open the door all the way

If your clients are older, I'd go test drive an S wth a person who is older than 65 and have them get in/out of the car when parked in a parking spot. See what they think

In the end... 2 fantastic options