Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Swap Model X for Model S??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for some feedback here. I've owned a Model X (P90DL) since July of 2016. Only have about 4,000 miles on it (I have a second car). I'm considering trading in the X for an S. My main reason for this is that I just can't get comfortable with the FWD's. With my job I drive clients around as well as colleagues and I just don't like to use the X because of the FWD's. It would be very rare that I need to drive more than 3 (4 including me). Appreciate any thoughts.

FwD are why I didn't even consider an X. So I can see the appeal of not having those.

The S is REALLY low to the ground, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I do find it difficult to get in when I'm parked in a tight space (like my garage). You have to stand on one leg and start crouching down and tuck your head so that you don't hit the ceiling, and there are no grab handles.
This is actually a challenge for older people and people like me (I'm 43 but my left knee is failing and that's the knee I have to stand in to get in the car)

It's no big deal if the space isn't tight and you can open the door all the way

If your clients are older, I'd go test drive an S wth a person who is older than 65 and have them get in/out of the car when parked in a parking spot. See what they think

In the end... 2 fantastic options