Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Swapping Steering Wheel for Yoke. Software Update Error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I decided to replace the wheel with a yoke myself but after I went into service menu to change the configuration to show yoke I get “unknown error.”

Anyone knows what the problem might be?

Attachments

• IMG_1901.jpeg
    IMG_1901.jpeg
    283 KB · Views: 40
I looked into this before I bought the yoke from a fellow member here. This is the H variant, which Tesla confirmed was the latest one available. They also said this one "solved" the pealing problem. Then again, I'm pretty sure they said that before. It reminds me of that old Mac vs PC commercial "This one won't have the problems the old one did."

Either way they did a fantastic job. The last few interactions I've had with Tesla have truly been great and some were simply above and beyond.
Haha, nice. Sounds like me; I got an H version from a fellow member here as well from an 11/2023 build. I just got lucky doing the config update before whichever software update that nerfed it.

I guess if it does peel, hopefully I can get the new one with the mechanical horn by then.

Reactions: MikeChicago
Upvote 0