Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sway Bars, End Links, and Rear Control Arms Installation & Impression

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regarding sway bar install torque specs:

I got access to the fsm; the rear endlink torque spec is 55nm (41 lb-ft); take note Unplugged install instructions currently say 61 lb-ft. Unfortunately the torque spec for the front endlink is not listed (along with all the other suspension bolts). There's even a page in the manual for suspension "torque check" that just has pictures of all the bolts to check with no torque values...where's the facepalm emoji when I need it...

Some of us are using 62ft/lb for the front link.

My rear endlinks are annoyingly squeaking over speed bumps. I’m afraid to over torque and start breaking stuff. I’m gonna tighten the bolts a few pounds and hope the squeak goes away.

From my own experiences with both stock and Whiteline lose endlinks on Model3, they make raucous of clink and clunk sounds. Even if just the lock nut on the Whiteline endlink is lose, it will make the unnerving clink and clunk. Endlinks are metal connections with rubber boot around the ball joints. I suspect squeaks would be coming from something else.

Form follows function. Make it good like the typical MPP product. I don’t care what color it is. Or maybe I do. Make it white. :D

@MountainPass Just make it already. I’ll most likely pass on this and safe the $ on some other stuff you guys might have in the pipeline. Unless your sway bar is super tricked with remote control for endlink leverage adjustment, engagement, and disengagement function. One can always ask and dream. ;)

Happy Friday all - Hope everyone is safe out there.
Just a brief update on the other thread and you'll see that our front sway bars do have plenty of clearance:
UP Front Sway Bar Endlink Rubbing
We had made an earlier optimization in this regard as has been discussed.

Just to make sure nobody missed the earlier note - anyone who has any earlier bar that has any visible evidence of interference whatsoever and who wants a free new front bar - we remain happy to ship a brand new front bar free of charge to replace the earlier gen bar. After 20 years in the industry as Bulletproof Automotive and Unplugged Performance we always stand behind our work and the results of our engineering. Please email [email protected] or [email protected] if we can be of any help at all.

By the way, this video came out 2 days ago and is a fun watch if you like seeing a street tuned Model 3 outrunning a McLaren F1 around the race track. This car runs our sway bars (full firm rear, middle setting front) as well as the rest of our bolt-on suspension and braking upgrades.

Unplugged is using a shade of blue already. Redwood is using orange. Best to avoid any shades of blue or orange to remove market confusion.

I did want to mentioned this but figured you and others knew that competitors are already using these colors so I don’t know what people’s thoughts would be. To add Eibachs I believe is red as well. I don’t know if that would be considered an issue or not. @MountainPass ? I Love the blue as well. Whether or not one needs to differentiate yourself on the sways because a competitors is already blue and ALL your anodized parts are already blue as well and it keeps with your theme....I just don’t know.
How about Blue sways but with MountainPassPerformance in PowderCoated Black lettering on the front or bottom of the bars to differentiate? Or something along those lines? Could lettering handle the torsion on the bar over time? Or even Red with Black lettering? Sporty!:D

Ski

Last edited:
Reactions: Nauman87
I
From my own experiences with both stock and Whiteline lose endlinks on Model3, they make raucous of clink and clunk sounds. Even if just the lock nut on the Whiteline endlink is lose, it will make the unnerving clink and clunk. Endlinks are metal connections with rubber boot around the ball joints. I suspect squeaks would be coming from something else.

It’s definitely the rear endlinks and swaybar. I had the wheels off and when I put pressure on the swaybar the rear endlinks squeak. I tightened them a bit and most of the squeaking went away (only squeaks and squeals on large speed bumps now). I’ll have to get my tech to properly torque them down when I have the MPP rear spring, trailing, and traction arms installed on a hoist next month. Gonna use some blue loctite so stuff doesn’t loosen.

Hope everyone is safe out there during these unusual times.
Here's an update from our end:

Firstly, we've decided to develop optional adjustable endlinks. We will release more on this soon.

The Unplugged Performance adjustable sway bar kits were sold out for a bit but now back in stock as of last week! All backorders shipping now.

Model Y adjustable sway bar sets are also in production. Will release more on this soon as well.

The Buttonwillow Raceway lap record for a Tesla was set using the UP sway bars (and the new lower price UP race spec coilovers). The run was a 1:54.6 on slicks as well as 1:57.9 on street tires, both new records.
Tesla Model 3 with Unplugged Performance parts breaks twin track records in CA speedway

video here:

We've retained our 15 team members during COVID-19 without any layoffs and we are doing the best we can to forge ahead with more R&D and getting orders shipped. The bulk of our team is working from home although we do have limited staff (Ben and Avi) working from the office and making sure shipments get out as best we can.

• Love
Reactions: destructure00
Hope everyone is safe out there during these unusual times.
Here's an update from our end:

Firstly, we've decided to develop optional adjustable endlinks. We will release more on this soon.

The Unplugged Performance adjustable sway bar kits were sold out for a bit but now back in stock as of last week! All backorders shipping now.

Model Y adjustable sway bar sets are also in production. Will release more on this soon as well.

The Buttonwillow Raceway lap record for a Tesla was set using the UP sway bars (and the new lower price UP race spec coilovers). The run was a 1:54.6 on slicks as well as 1:57.9 on street tires, both new records.
Tesla Model 3 with Unplugged Performance parts breaks twin track records in CA speedway

video here:

We've retained our 15 team members during COVID-19 without any layoffs and we are doing the best we can to forge ahead with more R&D and getting orders shipped. The bulk of our team is working from home although we do have limited staff (Ben and Avi) working from the office and making sure shipments get out as best we can.

I hate to post this here but you guys are not being communicative. I ordered an efficiency spoiler in August 2019 and paid for it. Your guys email me and delay after delay after delay with the last email saying it would be delivered in early March and still no spoiler. All the while I see other people posting on here receiving their efficiency spoilers.

I hate to post this here but you guys are not being communicative. I ordered an efficiency spoiler in August 2019 and paid for it. Your guys email me and delay after delay after delay with the last email saying it would be delivered in early March and still no spoiler. All the while I see other people posting on here receiving their efficiency spoilers.

Hi Orwell, I don't see any previous messages sent from you unfortunately so I'm caught a bit off guard and catching up on this topic. Although there are no private messages that I can find, my best guess is you've emailed someone on our team and I'll follow up directly with you to figure out which email address you are communicating with on our team to make sure there are no emails lost. We have a small team of 4 full time account reps and they work hard to respond to all emails within 1-2 business days but it is possible an email got overlooked or caught in a spam filter and we will absolutely get right on it as soon as we can determine where/how you contacted us previously. Regarding the earlier production delays on the dry carbon trunk spoiler, I can certainly appreciate that it is frustrating to see other pre-orders get delivered and while you continue to wait a long time for yours. We continue to work to ramp up production to fulfill last year's back-orders. Due to the heavy amount of man hours involved in making these in pre-preg carbon fiber that is autoclave produced, then UV clearcoated afterwards, the production bandwith only allows for an output of 10-15 a month. We had a heavy back log and are working hard to get through it (we've recently produced a second set of tooling to double capacity) although COVID-10 has slowed progress. If you were in queue for last month target delivery then that means you are likely within a few weeks from getting yours however we are never highly accurate at predicting everyone's delivery as there are a lot of variables in scrap rate, production bandwidth, and staff resources during covid-19. If you ever feel tired of waiting, a full refund is always possible as well. We will continue to do our best to catch up on every outstanding trunk spoiler order which have seen higher demand than we expected and that we also feel are overdue for production/delivery. In the meantime we continue to receive rave reviews on it for both quality and high speed driving range gain so we hope you'll soon get that experience as well. We are grateful for your and everyone else's patience as we continue to do our best to make a great product to the high standards we are known for.

Anyone care to share the weight of MPP FUCA, MPP toe arm, and MPP camber arm? I forgot to measure them when I had the chance. Thanks in advance.
Here you go!

OEM Camber - 2.00lb
OEM Toe - 1.56lb
OEM FUCA - 5.4lb

MPP Camber - 1.38lb
MPP Toe - 1.23lb
MPP FUCA - 4.10lb

We thought for sure we would come in heavier than the OEM FUCA since it has rubber bushings and stamped steel/composite construction. Pleasant surprise!

Last edited: