Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sway Bars, End Links, and Rear Control Arms Installation & Impression

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... gold might be nice.
tenor-6.gif

• Funny
Reactions: SD_Engnr
What color do you guys want MPP bars to be?

Too much blue going on? I'm thinking silver might be a nice complimentary color to all of the blue. Perhaps a poll is in order?

Black gets my #1 vote but I would be ok with Silver as well.

I would honestly pay extra for an OE+ looking set. Not really into the loud colors on my suspension parts.

Black bushings too please!! Worse comes to worse I can powder-coat the bars but a colored bushing and I’m screwed lol

How about OE matching 'stealth' black? silver as plan B. Both go well with blue if people order more parts. Some non-adjustable color matched OE+ (think Superpro) endlinks would be nice too.

What this man said. OE+ for the win.

Reactions: Perscitus
Black gets my #1 vote but I would be ok with Silver as well.

I would honestly pay extra for an OE+ looking set. Not really into the loud colors on my suspension parts.

Black bushings too please!! Worse comes to worse I can powder-coat the bars but a colored bushing and I’m screwed lol

What this man said. OE+ for the win.

Taken a look at SPL parts? They are essentially what you are asking for

Too much blue going on? I'm thinking silver might be a nice complimentary color to all of the blue. Perhaps a poll is in order?

Apologies for the spam here. Clearly new. But wanted to throw a vote out there for something from the neon color family. There’s some pretty cool variations that’ll look sweet with the arm/coilovers you already offer. Can’t wait for these! Was planning on the Eibachs but will need to wait now. ETA?
upload_2020-5-30_19-11-43-jpeg.546370

Taken a look at SPL parts? They are essentially what you are asking for

Yup I am aware of SPL. Thanks for the tip.

However I am much more into the MPP ethos of lower NVH and longer lasting suspension components with their sealed bearings. This will be a primarily street driven car from past experiences tuning a few bimmers. I want sealed bearings for the street. My E46 M3 comes with lots of them already upgraded from the factory(m-division) that way over the regular 3 series components.

Don’t mind paying a little extra for what I want. I know I am probably in the minority wanting everything to look discrete. Already planning on re-anodizing their other parts. Had to throw in my 2 cents and vote!

Reactions: Perscitus

The sway bars are clearly visible front and rear especially with open spoke wheels. The bars clearly add visual presence so it would be nice to have them compliment other components.

I currently have the Eibach's installed and like them red as they match the calipers on the performance model. That said, maybe you could do silver on the non-performance models and red for performance. I think even with the MPP Rotors not being red works and I get a ton of compliments on them.

Unfortunately I had to remove the Eibach end links as they were making so much chatter noise during turns and bumps at slow speeds. I do not recommend these for daily vehicles. Maybe I got a bad set but the installer does not believe so.

Once MPP releases their Sway Bar Kit I'll be thinking about swapping the Eibach for these.

Josh

Front Sway Bar.jpg
Rear Sway Bar.jpg
Front Sway Bar End Links.jpg

The sway bars are clearly visible front and rear especially with open spoke wheels. The bars clearly add visual presence so it would be nice to have them compliment other components.

I currently have the Eibach's installed and like them red as they match the calipers on the performance model. That said, maybe you could do silver on the non-performance models and red for performance. I think even with the MPP Rotors not being red works and I get a ton of compliments on them.

Unfortunately I had to remove the Eibach end links as they were making so much chatter noise during turns and bumps at slow speeds. I do not recommend these for daily vehicles. Maybe I got a bad set but the installer does not believe so.

Once MPP releases their Sway Bar Kit I'll be thinking about swapping the Eibach for these.

Josh

View attachment 547572 View attachment 547573 View attachment 547574
Your fitment is perfection! What springs/coilovers are you using... assuming rims are 20x10.5

Josh

View attachment 547572 View attachment 547573 View attachment 547574

Hey just wondering what your settings are for the front/rear on your Eibach sways? Did you notice a big difference in handling?

Your fitment is perfection! What springs/coilovers are you using... assuming rims are 20x10.5

I have the KW V3 coilovers on full soft compression. They are still a bit firm and I’m thinking of switching over to the MPP version as I don’t track the vehicle.

wheels are 20 x 9.5 +35 front and rear on MPS 4s Tesla version. These tires have a broad shoulder so I don’t recommend an aggressive offset if you want a flush set up.

Hey just wondering what your settings are for the front/rear on your Eibach sways? Did you notice a big difference in handling?

I did notice a difference with the sway bar installed. I have them both on full soft and the vehicle is more stable at high speeds also.

The front sway bar and bushing setup is very thick and doesn’t allow for much movement once the factory Tesla brackets are fitted compared to the rears.

I do not recommend their adjustable end links due to the crazy heim joint noise. I had very little load with the factory links and can’t tell a difference so save yourself $240 on the links unless you want to corner balance. My installer has used Whitelines with great success and the noise is minimal to none in there limited installs on the model 3.

• Helpful
Reactions: JKB8