Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

T Sportline TS1 spare wheel and tire kit: opinions?

I am getting new tires and thought about keeping the best of the old and buying a wheel from T Sportline and using as a full sized spare. However I do not think it will fit in the under space of my 2018 MX and I don't want to have to store it on the back top, premium space, while traveling. I just saw that T Sportline is offering a wheel/tire spare kit similar to Modern Spare, I think that will fit in that under space. Has anybody looked at that and what do you think? I've just never had a vehicle with a 'donut' type spare before. I have 20" tires now, I guess I don't get how one size can fit all. Thanks.

EbS-P

Apr 21, 2022
NC
In all the 100k+ miles I’ve driven I have never needed a spare on the road. I have carried a full-size spare for my Odyssey on long trips (plus the doughnut) many times and never needed it but i have used it many times at home. Once it took a couple weeks to get a road hazard warranty replacement tire. So I fully support the full-size spare. I just don’t see why one would carry it around with you all the time (spoken by the guy who Straps one to a hitch cargo carrier. In my defense the van is usually well loaded and cannon balled 900 miles in a day up or down I-95 on Sundays). Money might be better spent on road side assistance? Tires are dirty and messy to store.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC