Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

T Sportline TS1 spare wheel and tire kit: opinions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am getting new tires and thought about keeping the best of the old and buying a wheel from T Sportline and using as a full sized spare. However I do not think it will fit in the under space of my 2018 MX and I don't want to have to store it on the back top, premium space, while traveling. I just saw that T Sportline is offering a wheel/tire spare kit similar to Modern Spare, I think that will fit in that under space. Has anybody looked at that and what do you think? I've just never had a vehicle with a 'donut' type spare before. I have 20" tires now, I guess I don't get how one size can fit all. Thanks.

In all the 100k+ miles I’ve driven I have never needed a spare on the road. I have carried a full-size spare for my Odyssey on long trips (plus the doughnut) many times and never needed it but i have used it many times at home. Once it took a couple weeks to get a road hazard warranty replacement tire. So I fully support the full-size spare. I just don’t see why one would carry it around with you all the time (spoken by the guy who Straps one to a hitch cargo carrier. In my defense the van is usually well loaded and cannon balled 900 miles in a day up or down I-95 on Sundays). Money might be better spent on road side assistance? Tires are dirty and messy to store.

I don't love not having a spare, but I think having an air compressor, plugs, and the right tools is a pretty solid backup plan,.
Can U share which 'plugs' that U use. I have an air compressor from Harbor Freight
Untitled.jpg

Can U share which 'plugs' that U use. I have an air compressor from Harbor Freight
View attachment 904756

Yeah, here's my kit:
Everything fits into the VIAAIR bag.

Reactions: CMPT PAD
Tesla's total wheel diameter (wheel and tire combined) is the same (within an inch) for the 18,19,20,and 21 inch wheels.

the TS-1 wheel comes with an adapter ring for the different hubs on an s/x and the 3/y I don't know if the modern spare does the same, but it bugs me that the t-sport web page says that their spare is designed for the tesla and clearly not.