Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taking delivery of “new” inventory 2019 performance tomorrow — any common issues to beware of?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

HealthyDude

2022 Model S Plaid
Jan 14, 2020
Atlanta
Hi - I’m buying a new 2019 inventory car (June 2019 build) with a couple thousand miles on it. Are there any known issues or particular things to watch out for that may be unique to this build date or unique to problems associated with Tesla inventory/demo cars? It seemed to be a pretty good deal and was marked down in price quite a bit. Many thanks for any guidance!

Congrats! My old car was the blue. Great color. You may want to reconsider the 21 inch wheels though great looking will take a few percentage points off your range and if you are in a pothole prone region you stand a greater chance of blow outs with the bigger rims. Also see if you have a shudder with a hard launch. Inventory cars inevitably have a number of launches under their belt from test drives and may need a half shaft replacement if it’s not the retrofit part

Congrats! My old car was the blue. Great color. You may want to reconsider the 21 inch wheels though great looking will take a few percentage points off your range and if you are in a pothole prone region you stand a greater chance of blow outs with the bigger rims. Also see if you have a shudder with a hard launch. Inventory cars inevitably have a number of launches under their belt from test drives and may need a half shaft replacement if it’s not the retrofit part
Many thanks!!! Delivery was delayed until Tuesday anyway. I’ll check for the shudder before I hand over the check.

Many thanks!!! Delivery was delayed until Tuesday anyway. I’ll check for the shudder before I hand over the check.

You will not be able to do that. Tesla does not allow driving the car (or realistically inspecting it) until you sign the papers/complete payment. Being able to visually inspect the car prior to signing for it does depend on the service center though.

Reactions: HealthyDude
Congrats!! I just did the same thing, inventory 2019 Raven Performance... Only issues I have that need to be addressed, Partially failing daytime running light on one side and my footwell lights are out...Mobile service dude checking it out this week...

Thank you! :)
My car has blue with black/carbon fiber guts. I plan to swap out the wheels for 21 black arachnids as well.

With blue ext, try the gun metal arachnids if you can :) powder coat. Blue with gun metal rims and red calipers is one beautiful look!!

Or black as stated :) I found the gun metal to be an amazing contrast. Attached was my 2017 P100D with 21 turbines...arachnids would have looked even better :)

I now have a 2018 100D red on gun metal arachnids :)

Attachments

• DAC7915E-279A-4C61-9716-E172D15A0182.jpeg
    DAC7915E-279A-4C61-9716-E172D15A0182.jpeg
    620.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 8FE08345-11E0-4A7C-81A4-2B40300FFF23.jpeg
    8FE08345-11E0-4A7C-81A4-2B40300FFF23.jpeg
    558.8 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: SilverGS
With blue ext, try the gun metal arachnids if you can :) powder coat. Blue with gun metal rims and red calipers is one beautiful look!!

Or black as stated :) I found the gun metal to be an amazing contrast. Attached was my 2017 P100D with 21 turbines...arachnids would have looked even better :)

Thanks for the tip. Gorgeous cars! I love the gun metal color! So you had a ‘17 and now have an ‘18? Looks like you’re due for a ‘19 now? ;)

It was a tough call, but I already went for the glossy back arachnids. They are still sitting in my garage. Delivery has need delayed.

In fact, I attempted to take delivery yesterday, but there was a strange noise (sounded like the defroster, but it wasn’t) that would not to away. It was running the whole time I was there (90 mins). The OA couldn’t turn it off and claimed it was the condenser to warm up the battery, but he wasn’t sure. It did not seem right to me, so I asked them to take it to service to address the issue before I sign the papers. Hopefully it will be fixed and ready tomorrow.

You have excellent taste my friend! Beautiful color combos - I prefer the blue one, but the MC Red is also fantastic!

Reactions: Destiny1701