Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tap to park coming out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While you remain inside would be fine, but the version described in the link mentions that you select a spot, exit the vehicle, which then parks itself. And that's the version that wouldn't be allowed.
Makes sense for the get out and park itself part, but the article suggested the version being reported on makes no mention of that, but is a "goal for the future"

The release notes in this version don't mention the ability to exit the vehicle before the vehicle starts parking, although it sounds like that's Tesla's goal for this feature.

Reactions: JupiterMan
I'm also confused because they mention this being available from 2024.2.11
I am now on 2024.8.4 and don't have it.

Unusual of Tesla to introduce a new feature on a minor update of an older branch....

I appreciate it's just been released today but I have lots of questions :
Will it be only available for non-USS cars (2023-2024), same as hi-def surround parking?
Will it do a better job than current Autopark on USS cars, which is, let's say it, utter crap and parks a mile away from the kerb, taking twice the time it would take a 'normal' driver to do a better job.
Let's see..

I'm also confused because they mention this being available from 2024.2.11
I am now on 2024.8.4 and don't have it.

Unusual of Tesla to introduce a new feature on a minor update of an older branch....

I appreciate it's just been released today but I have lots of questions :
Will it be only available for non-USS cars (2023-2024), same as hi-def surround parking?
Will it do a better job than current Autopark on USS cars, which is, let's say it, utter crap and parks a mile away from the kerb, taking twice the time it would take a 'normal' driver to do a better job.
Let's see..
That's a different branch. That's the FSD branch in the US which is usually behind on the main branch.. FSD branch often have to wait longer for features

That's a different branch. That's the FSD branch in the US which is usually behind on the main branch.. FSD branch often have to wait longer for features
I don't believe it is.

While it's true that FSD 12 is still on 2023.44, generally the wide release of US FSD 11.4.x has now been on the main, current branch since a while ago and the code is included with every release.

I think this is just for an internal release.

EDIT: Actually, it says internal release in the article.
I assume it will be coming to another major update, possibly 2024.12 in a couple weeks/months... Probably alongside the revamped windscreen wipers.

Last edited:
Reactions: dombera
I feel as if Autopilot works really well 99.5% of the time but the other 0.5% its jamming the brakes on in the fast lane of a motorway with potentially serious consequences.

Does anyone have any confidence that however well autopark appears to work, 0.5 % of the time it won't ram another car?

Edit:
and if it does you know that 0.5% is exactly 0.5% more responsibility than Tesla would ever accept for sorting out the consequences.

Don't worry guys maybe we'll also get auto wipers in an update, cyber truck just got this -
1000009871.png

They have the technology 😉

Makes sense for the get out and park itself part, but the article suggested the version being reported on makes no mention of that, but is a "goal for the future"
I've not tried it out of the car but my Lotus offers get out of the car and park. I think there's an option in the app though so it'll be no different to summon I guess where you need to keep close to it and hold the dead man's switch in the app.

Based on trying it inside the car, I don't trust to try it outside of the car.

Don't worry guys maybe we'll also get auto wipers in an update, cyber truck just got this -
View attachment 1030459
They have the technology 😉
Not this specifically, that's clearly just playing catch-up. However they seem to be on a bit of a roll.

High fidelity park assist is good and first showing I think of how they are progressing with their tech in this country. Matrix headlights turned up at last and maybe with this and summon coming back plus you'd hope being better... They are finally delivering some good updates.

Maybe now they don't have to code FSD Beta as 300k lines of code, not only is it working better but they might actually have freed up a lot of developers that had to work on and maintain that code. Can get them working on other useful updates to the cars.

Reactions: cliff harris