Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taptes deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To be honest, the TapTes one I'm almost fine with, we found out early on delivery was slow, the Jeda one at around 3 times the price is the disappointment, the fact it still hasn't dispatched in the 20 days since ordering, any emails take days to respond and now with some broken promises etc.. bit poor really! Especially when they manage to tweet frequently, so there are people around who could handle the comms.

Parcel is now at Langley UK

I received an ebay package from China on Saturday. The original one was dispatched 8th March. Not sure if the package was that, or a replacement I requested a few weeks back due to no show. Unfortunately, postage label obscured customs declaration so no date on packaging. So potentially, over 100 days if the original, excellent ebayer if the replacement.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 70
Mine just arrived :) - I'll hopefully get some time later this afternoon to get it in the car, want to do some measurements etc.. work out what drives will fit into it for a guide.
Excellent news ! I've just put mine in, easy enough, Samsung SSD plugged in directly (inside Hub), wireless charger connected (2 power usb's) and xBox controller plugged in to Power / Data.... all working (so far)

Reactions: DaveW
Excellent news ! I've just put mine in, easy enough, Samsung SSD plugged in directly (inside Hub), wireless charger connected (2 power usb's) and xBox controller plugged in to Power / Data.... all working (so far)

I’ve got one of the T5 drives too, so should be fine here, just finding similar style drives that will fit to list out on my site :)

Did you leave enough time to quarantine the contents :D

:D - If COVID has managed to hang on to the hub for near enough 50 days, it deserves a chance to get me!

Just tried it, it's actually really well made. I'll cancel the Jeda, if the service had have been better and they got it to me before this one, I'd have likely used it. Can't really justify the price for the fact it's an actual USB hub, when this is a glorified splitter.

There might be a bit of a change in the way Taptes are shipping some of their items now. I'm due to be moving house at the end of the month and based on the information in this thread, I thought it would be fine to order a hub and wireless charger on the 7th July with my new address, on the basis that it would likely take at least 20 working days to get to the UK.

I checked the shipping info at the start of this week and noticed it said something about an airport, but assumed this might be an internal China flight or something similar. In fact, Royal Mail attempted a delivery on the 17th to my new address. Luckily, the current owner just sent the "We Missed You" card information to me and I've arranged redelivery for when I'm actually in the property as its on the other side of the country.

As I haven't actually got the package yet, it could be completely wrong contents for all I know, but it seems like they are airmailing some parcels now. I didn't select any special shipping option.

There might be a bit of a change in the way Taptes are shipping some of their items now. I'm due to be moving house at the end of the month and based on the information in this thread, I thought it would be fine to order a hub and wireless charger on the 7th July with my new address, on the basis that it would likely take at least 20 working days to get to the UK.

I checked the shipping info at the start of this week and noticed it said something about an airport, but assumed this might be an internal China flight or something similar. In fact, Royal Mail attempted a delivery on the 17th to my new address. Luckily, the current owner just sent the "We Missed You" card information to me and I've arranged redelivery for when I'm actually in the property as its on the other side of the country.

As I haven't actually got the package yet, it could be completely wrong contents for all I know, but it seems like they are airmailing some parcels now. I didn't select any special shipping option.

Think you might be right, the Pro hub I've ordered uses a different tracking system that also shows that it has arrived at an airport, ready to be sent.