Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taptes deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received my under seat vent covers from China. Only took eight days from ordering.
How do they sell and post anything for £6.14 for a pair of plastic parts and a roll of double sided tape?

Car Air Outlet Dust Cover For Tesla Model 3 Accessories 1 Pair ABS Reliable | eBay

That's exactly what I just received too, mine took 10 days or so.. inexcusable ! :)

Does this version stick on with tape or clip on? The versions I bought from Luckeasy had 2 plastic parts which hold onto the frame of the vent.

Do the team think the following might just have a small effect on delivery times...?

The Yiwu – London Railway Line is a freight railway route from Yiwu, China, to London, United Kingdom, covering a distance of roughly 12,000 km (7,500 miles)[1]. This makes it the second longest railway freight route in the world after the Yiwu-Madrid railway line, which spans 12,874 km (8,000 miles). Two breaks of gauge exist: first from standard gauge in China to Russian gauge in Kazakhstan, and second back to standard gauge when crossing from Belarus to Poland. Because of the difference in gauges trains go through Bogie exchange or have containers reloaded to railcars of the correct gauge.[5]

Do the team think the following might just have a small effect on delivery times...?

The Yiwu – London Railway Line is a freight railway route from Yiwu, China, to London, United Kingdom, covering a distance of roughly 12,000 km (7,500 miles)[1]. This makes it the second longest railway freight route in the world after the Yiwu-Madrid railway line, which spans 12,874 km (8,000 miles). Two breaks of gauge exist: first from standard gauge in China to Russian gauge in Kazakhstan, and second back to standard gauge when crossing from Belarus to Poland. Because of the difference in gauges trains go through Bogie exchange or have containers reloaded to railcars of the correct gauge.[5]

It just shows how expensive air / sea transportation is then if this 'land' route is seen as viable.

03C44639-C1A6-4D2E-81D5-D63C0F82C265.jpeg

* Order now to guarantee delivery for Father’s Day 2021

Driving under the influence, not a great start :)

Still showing as not in the UK according to Royal Mail track and trace. Who knows at this point.

If it's any consolation. Jeda are just as useless. Still not dispatched and takes days for them to reply to an email (still waiting on a reply to one sent last Thursday asking what's going on).

Now this I can help with...

There are massive supply chain issues affecting China following on from Covid-19. Obviously a lot of factories were forced to shut, but more importantly a lot of container ships were cancelled. There were over 200 ships cancelled, and each one would have had 20,000 40ft containers on them.

So there was a huge backlog about which nothing could be done. Ships are now back to normal as of end of May.

• Informative
Reactions: Chalks99
Driving under the influence, not a great start :)

Still showing as not in the UK according to Royal Mail track and trace. Who knows at this point.

If it's any consolation. Jeda are just as useless. Still not dispatched and takes days for them to reply to an email (still waiting on a reply to one sent last Thursday asking what's going on).
Hopefully soon :)

Hopefully soon :)

To be honest, the TapTes one I'm almost fine with, we found out early on delivery was slow, the Jeda one at around 3 times the price is the disappointment, the fact it still hasn't dispatched in the 20 days since ordering, any emails take days to respond and now with some broken promises etc.. bit poor really! Especially when they manage to tweet frequently, so there are people around who could handle the comms.

Reactions: Chalks99