Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taptes new wireless charging pad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Taptes charger was delivered today. I ordered the V1 matte version. Quality seems pretty good. The matte surface is slightly rubberized and I think is more than enough in terms of it's anti-slip characteristics. It's not weighted like the Nomad and I don't think it is an exact copy, but is pretty similar (I have not seen a Nomad in person). I haven't had enough time to test out the charging speed, but below are some photos. They also included a free adhesive backed holder for the Tesla key card.
Fantastic information! Thanks for taking the time to post the pics.

This is definitely not a carbon copy of the Nomad. Different in several compelling ways. Thinner and with squared edges. The cords seem longer and significantly beefier.

I am losing hope that I will ever get the charger. It shipped on the 14th of November and still no update since to 20th of November. Does it take this long to ship from China? Has been over 20 days.

Yeah, I buy some of that cheap junk on Amazon from China and it take sometimes like 8 weeks. I buy stuff and forget I even bought it and then it shows up at my house

Reactions: McFlurri
4BDD3CBB-7AE4-40E1-8641-683B52ECEF8E.png
I am losing hope that I will ever get the charger. It shipped on the 14th of November and still no update since to 20th of November. Does it take this long to ship from China? Has been over 20 days.

Here is one ..

I've been traveling and haven't had a lot of opportunity to check the charging speed; however anecdotally it seems a little slow. I am using an iphone 8 plus. I've only charged it while the phone was already charged to ~88-95% so maybe that's why. I'll try do some more testing and report back.

Slow compared to wired charging? Or slow compared to other wireless chargers?

It's not unheard of for items to sit in customs for a while. I work for a local government agency and we have had to ship hardware back to china for repairs. It has taken over a month at times once we get shipping confirmation for the item to actually show back up on our doorstep. That doesn't happen a lot, but it does happen from time to time.

Mine landed in LAX last night. I ordered on Nov 30th, I was originally waiting for V2 until they emailed me showing side by side comparisons. So I went with the Matte V1. But now that it's in the country it'll have to wait for it's customs inspection which is where the real wait comes. But, I'm hoping it'll go quickly.

My Taptes charger was delivered today. I ordered the V1 matte version. Quality seems pretty good. The matte surface is slightly rubberized and I think is more than enough in terms of it's anti-slip characteristics. It's not weighted like the Nomad and I don't think it is an exact copy, but is pretty similar (I have not seen a Nomad in person). I haven't had enough time to test out the charging speed, but below are some photos. They also included a free adhesive backed holder for the Tesla key card.

Very nice, will order the matte one too. On a related note, what usb hub did you buy, I like the compact/mini design.