Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taycan impact on Model S - a theory I hope is not true

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im pretty sure VW Group wont do something stupid on the logistic end like what Tesla does in not having sufficient parts.

I hope you are right.

In Teslas case, it could also be related to not having the same financial resources for extra parts to that degree.

However, I also wouldn’t gloat over VW not being “stupid”. *cough* Diesel gate*cough*

Hopefully they have learned their lesson and will be smart from here on out.

In Teslas case, it could also be related to not having the same financial resources for extra parts to that degree.
Tesla is spreading themselves thin, attempting to do more things all at once than even the largest automotive manufacturer in the world (VW). Between S,X, 3, Y, Roadster, Semi, Pickup, power walls, battery for grid, solar panels, self driving, no wonder they are blowing through billions of dollars faster than the Starman's Roadster through space. Of course Elon himself is spread even thinner, with Space X, Boring company, AI startups, brain implant interfaces, and of course Twitter.

Tesla is spreading themselves thin, attempting to do more things all at once than even the largest automotive manufacturer in the world (VW). Between S,X, 3, Y, Roadster, Semi, Pickup, power walls, battery for grid, solar panels, self driving, no wonder they are blowing through billions of dollars faster than the Starman's Roadster through space. Of course Elon himself is spread even thinner, with Space X, Boring company, AI startups, brain implant interfaces, and of course Twitter.

And this is exactly the point a lot of people don’t understand. Elon’s stupid decisions to spread the company thin will doom Tesla in the end. Maybe he is a genius innovator, but he isn’t leading this company well. He just jumps on whatever next shiny thing he thinks of. At least I hope they will be forced to sell so someone can come in and make a proper company out of this mess.

Literally today I had mobile service come to my house to replace the 12V battery. Which was replaced at the service center last week but they didn’t communicate it to the poor mobile guy!!!! Wtf!

• Disagree
Reactions: Barry and SO16
Literally today I had mobile service come to my house to replace the 12V battery. Which was replaced at the service center last week but they didn’t communicate it to the poor mobile guy!!!! Wtf!

Yeah, that sucks.

A few years ago I stayed at a vacation resort but had to change weeks. The main office is who I talked to and took care of my reservation change months earlier. The specific location I stayed at, didn’t get the message/update and therefore didn’t have a room available. Fortunately I was able to get the main suite for the same price.

As an engineer, it makes me cringe when people can not even get their units right. Usually things that are rates are something over time (of course being a SI unit fan I would prefer things to be expressed "per second").
Ok, just for you "When your [Tesla Inc., formerly Tesla Motors,Inc., incorporated in July 2003] annual burn rate, based on Earth's Gregorian calendar definition of a year, and measured in billions of United States of America dollars issued by the United States Federal Reserve through the Federal Reserve Banks as per the Federal Reserve System, spent during a period of 1.000 year, is 2.000000000 or higher..."

Better? So much more clear than "When your burn rate is in the billions", right? ;)

Last edited:
Failing to be exposed was, sort of. I live in VW-land and I drove a Passat and two Audi A6, graciously provided by my erstwhile employer. Assuming VAG doesn't do stupid things is quite unwarranted, also on the logistics side of things.

Although some things that the customers would think "stupid" (like selling the E-tron and ID.3 quite aggressively despite not having a lot of manufacturing capacity yet) are actually very, very smart. Never mind that VW was laughing at Tesla and the Model 3 reservations years ago, they now thought "if it works for Tesla,..." Even smarter is having lots of orders for the E-tron with no provisions for canceling the order without damages.

Last edited: