Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TechForums Screen swivel kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

exlatccatsa

Supporting Member
Mar 6, 2020
Kemnay
Being a tall driver, I've always had difficulty reaching the far side of the screen, whilst driving, to select items from the screen menus or to close windows down.
This screen mount kit from Matt onTechForum solves that problem completely. Lowering the screen by about 4 cm and allowing the far side of the screen to rotate about 10cm towards me, meaning I can easily reach the far side of the screen without having to lean forward.
The video link is here.

Attachments

• Screen mount before.jpg
    Screen mount before.jpg
    381.1 KB · Views: 202
  • Screen mount after.jpg
    Screen mount after.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 161
Reactions: Medved_77
I've almost purchased this on several occasions.

Nice to hear a UK owners perspective, and the new version that swivels in both directions is appealing.

Does it impede the wireless charging pad in anyway? Is it still easy to drop your phone in and see the phones screen whilst driving?

Nice to hear a UK owners perspective, and the new version that swivels in both directions is appealing.

Does it impede the wireless charging pad in anyway? Is it still easy to drop your phone in and see the phones screen whilst driving?
I don't have wireless charging yet...Making The screen slighty lower means that you have to insert the top of the phone first and you loose the visibility of the very top of the phone screen.
I've taken a couple of pics with my wifes Samsung A40. I hope this helps.
Sorry, for some reason the pics are rotated when uploaded.

Attachments

• Screen mount w phone 1.jpg
    Screen mount w phone 1.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 165
  • Screen mount w phone.jpg
    Screen mount w phone.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 156
  • Informative

I just installed this kit in my 3. It's fantastic. Couldn't recommend it more highly. The owner, Matthew, got back to me, immediately, when I had a question on install. Yes, it's still the same view to see the phone on the charging pad. The swivel Mount doesn't block it at all

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    447.9 KB · Views: 163
I see Hannshow are now selling them too, although not sure if they are distributing for TechForum or have designed/copied their own version:

$249 delivered and less likely to incur import fees.

Reactions: subsy
Easy to fit I got it from tessories.uk but there are other places. Check out YouTube videos for swivel screen. I found it very easy and great quality.
fitting the boot kick opener next also from tessories, this looks like a bit more of a challenge
I have got the kick sensor sitting in my garage waiting to be fitted, after seeing your previous post! Was hoping to fit it this weekend, but at a party drinking from 2pm tomorrow, so that might rule out tomorrow and sunday!

It’s very neat now - this is the second version and has replaced the cloth cover with custom plastic parts which are a lighter grey thank the dash but the same shade as the dash trim before the wood effect. I’ll put a rear photo up sometime tomorrow. I am happy with the result it looks original.
Here are a couple of rear view photos
331DF32D-3424-411A-AD5D-7D9F9247227F.jpeg
2CB2EA1C-BFD7-4A72-AC5F-5A36C12A089E.jpeg