Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tein EnduraPro Issue - Squeaking Noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently had Tein EnduraPro shocks installed on all four wheels of my 2023 MYLR Austin build. I have been happy with the improvement to my suspension but...
since getting the Teins installed every time I go over a substantial bump I get a "squeaking" sound from the rear right side of the car. I am in Los Angeles and most of the neighborhood streets around where I live have speed bumps in them. It is mostly going over these speed bumps when I can hear the obvious "squeak."

I brought the car back to the installer who was nice enough to swap out the right rear shock for a new one. Unfortunately, the noise did not go away. Now I am at a loss for what could be causing the issue. I did not do a ride along with the installer because I couldn't find speed bumps in the area around the shop to demonstrate. Theoretically I could spend some time in the area and find some for a future ride along.

The squeak was bothering me so much that I attached a tiny mic to the right rear shock and recorded the "squeaks."
The file linked here is one good squeak looped:

Anybody have any idea what could possibly be the source of the noise?

Any other ideas on how to resolve?

Thanks so much for any input.

I recently had Tein EnduraPro shocks installed on all four wheels of my 2023 MYLR Austin build. I have been happy with the improvement to my suspension but...
since getting the Teins installed every time I go over a substantial bump I get a "squeaking" sound from the rear right side of the car. I am in Los Angeles and most of the neighborhood streets around where I live have speed bumps in them. It is mostly going over these speed bumps when I can hear the obvious "squeak."

I brought the car back to the installer who was nice enough to swap out the right rear shock for a new one. Unfortunately, the noise did not go away. Now I am at a loss for what could be causing the issue. I did not do a ride along with the installer because I couldn't find speed bumps in the area around the shop to demonstrate. Theoretically I could spend some time in the area and find some for a future ride along.

The squeak was bothering me so much that I attached a tiny mic to the right rear shock and recorded the "squeaks."
The file linked here is one good squeak looped:

Anybody have any idea what could possibly be the source of the noise?

Any other ideas on how to resolve?

Thanks so much for any input.
I'm sorry to hear about the squeaking. Where did you have the work done?

I'm sorry to hear about the squeaking. Where did you have the work done?
I had it done in Los Angeles at a place that everybody goes to and everybody raves about. So much so that i don’t even want to mention them in this thread. They were nice enough to swap the rear right out for a new one for free. Now I’m thinking the squeak might not have anything to do with the Teins. I guess I could take it to Tesla but they probably will blame it on the 3rd party shocks. 🙄

not to derail the thread, but the original post intrigued me. The car was a 2023 model y, correct? Isn’t that supposed to have the new comfort suspension everyone is raving about? Why switch to the Teins shocks If you already have the new suspension?

not to derail the thread, but the original post intrigued me. The car was a 2023 model y, correct? Isn’t that supposed to have the new comfort suspension everyone is raving about? Why switch to the Teins shocks If you already have the new suspension?
See my recent thread about installing the same Teins to my MY2023 MYLR. It’s still too harsh and bouncy, the Teins fix it.

Reactions: chiefsmy
Yes. It’s a 2023. If I do have the new comfort suspension… it ain’t comfortable enough. 🤷🏻

Would removing the dust boot cause any rust issues in the future. The squeak is very noticeable- though it’s just day 1 - I am hoping it will get better and subside like what others had commented. I am planning to wait for a week and then take it back to the installer

Would removing the dust boot cause any rust issues in the future. The squeak is very noticeable- though it’s just day 1 - I am hoping it will get better and subside like what others had commented. I am planning to wait for a week and then take it back to the installer
I don’t have the dust boot on and it squeaks so don’t think the squeak is related. I was told the Teins didn’t come with a dust boot and OEM boot wouldn’t work with Teins. You have the OEM boots?