Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tein EnduraPro settings suggestion?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi I’m finally getting my Tein shocks today for my model y. I’ve got a 22 Model Y LR. Im planning to use a 23 Model Y Performance coilover along with my Tein shocks for my LR. What do you guys think about the idea? Im looking for maximum comfort. I can’t deal with this NYC bad road everyday. Front 12 back 14. Please suggest your settings or any advice you might have.

Hi I’m finally getting my Tein shocks today for my model y. I’ve got a 22 Model Y LR. Im planning to use a 23 Model Y Performance coilover along with my Tein shocks for my LR. What do you guys think about the idea? Im looking for maximum comfort. I can’t deal with this NYC bad road everyday. Front 12 back 14. Please suggest your settings or any advice you might have.
Not everyone has the same taste. Everyone's driving style, configuration (eg: 19" or 20" wheels) and road conditions will be different - we typically go middle of the road on the dampening so you can establish a baseline and then fine tune once you've racked up some miles.

Either way, the Teins are a dramatic step forward from the awful stock suspension.

Not everyone has the same taste. Everyone's driving style, configuration (eg: 19" or 20" wheels) and road conditions will be different - we typically go middle of the road on the dampening so you can establish a baseline and then fine tune once you've racked up some miles.

Either way, the Teins are a dramatic step forward from the awful stock suspension
Is it easy to change the damper settings?

Someone has a pic of the top hat cut out to fit the Teins … is the part available separately from Tesla or outside ? Would prefer to keep the original suspension parts for backup … I recall seeing a pic in a post but could not find it. Thanks

8 at front and 10 at rear is good combo for most people. I tried 10 and 14 and the rear is too soft and passengers would shake left and right when go over bumps. I adjusted to 10 and 12 now and wanting to change to 8 and 10 now. Stiffer may not be a bad thing.

model 3 performance. I was on 10/10 but tried 12/12 today and love it. Ride is so smooth. I tried to sense if I lost handling but I don’t feel like it. I’m sure if I did a timed autox there would be a difference but in real world driving it feels good. I drove around Los Angeles today and 90-95% of bad bumps with stock feel decent now.

• Informative
Reactions: GOVA
model 3 performance. I was on 10/10 but tried 12/12 today and love it. Ride is so smooth. I tried to sense if I lost handling but I don’t feel like it. I’m sure if I did a timed autox there would be a difference but in real world driving it feels good. I drove around Los Angeles today and 90-95% of bad bumps with stock feel decent now.

I'm also in LA, where did you get the struts and where did you get it installed?

I'm also in LA, where did you get the struts and where did you get it installed?
We have them in stock, and can also install for you:

We have them in stock, and can also install for you:

Hello new here. How does these differ from the flex series. I have a perf model curious if either is worth the swap

Hello new here. How does these differ from the flex series. I have a perf model curious if either is worth the swap
EnduraPro Plus struts are decent, but I'm not a fan of the Tein FlexZ series at all. There are much better systems on the market for not much more money, for example - the ST Suspensions ST XA kit or Mountain Pass Comfort Coilover kits.

Since you're local, drop by and I'll be happy to show you the kits in person.

I started with 8 from stiff in front and 10 from stiff in rear. I typically like a sportier feel so this ended up being way too soft for me. Felt boat like. The car definitely felt floaty and was having an extra rebounds after going over speed bumps. I moved to 6/10 and it helped. I couldn’t do the rear myself. I recently moved things to 6/8 from stiff and the car feels pretty darn nice and sporty without being harsh. Like luxurious sporty if that makes sense. ALMOST perfect - like 95% there to my likings. I think I’m going to bring it to 6/7 and things will be perfect for my tastes. While 1 click might not change much but I just want it just a tad bit more stiff. So it should still be softer than stock but yet still very sporty. I’m running 2023 Model Y with H&R Lowering Springs and Tein Endura Pro.

• Informative
Reactions: GOVA
EnduraPro Plus struts are decent, but I'm not a fan of the Tein FlexZ series at all. There are much better systems on the market for not much more money, for example - the ST Suspensions ST XA kit or Mountain Pass Comfort Coilover kits.

Since you're local, drop by and I'll be happy to show you the kits in person.
are the Flex Z struts inferior to the Endurapro? It seems like worth the few hundred dollars more than Endurapro plus lowering springs to get the adjustability.