Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tell us how is your Roadster Interior holding up???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same as above, 5 years @ 31,000 miles where drivers side sill cracked real early on. Replaced with the CF sills. I also try to keep the harsh sunlight 11am-3pm out of the cockpit by throwing a shower cap over top. Helps preserve the soft top and interior from UV damage as well as keeping the temps down.

Shower/Sun-cap - Elise car cover to protect the interior of your Lotus - Sector 111

showercap_large.jpg

Last edited:
No issues with mine, but I also did the carbon fibre interior upgrade last year so most of the parts are new.

I get occasional scuff marks on the driver's side sill, but they buff out easily from the aluminum. Also some light wear in the floor carpet.

I get occasional scuff marks on the driver's side sill, but they buff out easily from the aluminum.

I actually like the scuffs on my sills, gives it character and shows it gets used but not abused. I covered my fake aluminum panel on the CF sill with a black wrap, turned out good. Scuffs come out being just a little lighter than the wrap. I can see how the aluminum color would really show black scuffs pretty well.

Daily driver for 3.5 years now and not a single issue. I keep the seats and other leather bits well conditioned w/ Zaino. I have a few squeaks and rattles from the dash and the top leaks a little in the rain but it's a British-built Roadster - they all do that :p

It sits out in the sun at work every day. No UV issues (the above-mentioned Zaino has UV protection) aside from the stock halogens peeling. They were replaced under warranty.

42k miles, delivered Oct 1 2009. The worst problem is scratches on the passenger seat where my daughter sat in it with a spiked belt. There is also a small chunk taken out of the door leather/padding on the passenger side; not sure how that happened. Everything else really looks pretty good.

I did get Lloyd ' s floor mats as I wanted to save the factory ones. So I did change those. And yes the stock sill plates can easily cracked if you try to pull them off. One has to go very slow.

Same advice with the inside door panels since they're made of the same brittle unforgiving plastic as the sills. They will crack if you tug on them the wrong way.

Oh, yeah, the carpets. My driver's side is pretty worn from the somewhat awkward getting-in and getting-out process. Apparently I must be sliding my foot across the carpet while I do that. The carpeting that isn't protected by the floor mat is really cheap stuff.

Same here...

3 years. Wear in the drivers side sill and seat. Other than that, holding up well.

- - - Updated - - -

Dave, did you cover your CF sills with the 3M clear plastic?...to me, it does help keep the sills from scratching...

No issues with mine, but I also did the carbon fibre interior upgrade last year so most of the parts are new.

I get occasional scuff marks on the driver's side sill, but they buff out easily from the aluminum. Also some light wear in the floor carpet.

No, but the interior CF has been fully OptiCoated! 3M VentureShield is a good idea for the sills, although I'd black out the aluminum if I wrapped it.

The CF can be buffed out really easy, its just a resin coat over it if it gets scratched.
Here's a pic of mine wrapped (covering the silver aluminum like color finish)when I first installed them:
View attachment 9954