Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tell us why you LOVE your Model S!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Either something is really wrong with my Split Window or something is really wrong with your model S. :tongue:

- - - Updated - - -

HA HA!...well, much as I hate to suggest it...must be your Split Window. Would hate to think it's my MS..'course...my '65 Vette was not "stock" either...turbo charged with other mods. MS doesn't have that annoying turbo lag of course but I have to say the road sense of the ride is a bit similar. This is more of a sport luxury ride to me than luxury ride but it suits me just fine.

Oh, one other distinction I will make though is that the MS just LOVES to accelerate. Any ICE car I have ever driven just rages and rants and screams to get the job done. Some people may love that noise but not me. While the turbo was a way to get performance on old ICE cars without the big block engine (much quieter and sneakier), I really love the way MS just quietly "beams" you away.

Last edited:
80+% Efficiency
Instant Power
Regen braking (ICE is just so useless when you think about it, burning gas makes heat, and whatever little kinetic energy you have left over moves the car, then you convert that kinetic energy into more heat through brakes)
Looks
Green (not originally a factor when i was buying a car, but it feels good to not burn gas at a worthless 15% efficiency like you would in another car)
Maintenance
Silent operation (big loud trucks/cars thinking they have all this power but when they floor it, they barely accelerate, makes me laugh)
universal "fuel" source (you can get electricity from anything, hydro, solar, wind, coal, fission, fusion, antimatter, gerbils, whatever you want)
Unmatched Support/Service, Proactive maintenance and upgrades (Tesla recently dropped off some parts for my front windshield vent and will install it later, i did not ask or even inquire about it, they upgrade older cars with newer better designed parts at no cost, the dealerships here couldn't give half a **** even if its broken, this is where your yearly maintenance fee goes to)
depends on location but where i am, its FREE to charge at the hotels and dealerships, also downtown if you park you have complementary EV charging at oxford buildings

No other car has this many Awards

NY Auto Show Green Car of the Year Award 2013
Automobile Magazine Car of the Year Award 2013
Yahoo! Autos Car of the Year Award 2013
Motortrend Car of the Year Award 2013
Cnet Tech Car of the Year Award 2012
Green Car Reports Best car to buy Award 2013
AutoGuide Car of the Year Award 2013
Natural Resources Canada 2013 EcoEnergy Award
Consumer Reports Best Car Ever Tested
Popular Science Grand Award Winner 2012
NHTSA Safest Car Tested in 2013
Time Magazine Invention of the year 2012
IDEA International Design Best in Show Award 2013
Exotic Car Buyers Guide Best Daily Driver 2014

IMO thats called cleaning house, nobody has come close to that many awards for a single product

Last edited:
I was recently driving our "Ruby" on a tight twisty road through southeastern WA state on a clear moonlit night. The Model S and I were one as we swooped through curves, up and down hills and even dodged a wily coyote. The ride was like animated velvet; so smooth and quiet.

It occurred to me once again that this is the most refined car I have ever owned or driven, and that includes Ferrari, Maserati, BMW, Audi, Lancia, Mercedes and Porsche.

Nuf said.

It is the closest thing to perfection I have ever driven. It is just simply awesome. I'm not a tech geek at all , I still struggle with my I-phone at times. Being a single women - I've met a lot of new friends. Extra bonus for me!

@bareyb rocks at making lists!
Found this in another Post: :D

1. The fastest sedan I’ve ever owned - zero to sixty in 3.9 seconds
2. The 17” touch interface is mesmerizing
3. The car is always connected to the internet
4. Enough room for a surf board or skis in the car
5. The design styling rocks
6. The car firmware updates automatically over wire like an iPad or iPhone
7. Disappearing door handles (so cool)
8. Free super chargers
9. I can drive solo in the California carpool lanes
10. Stereo volume goes to 11
11. Internet radio with no need to pay Sirius XM!
12. Google maps in the console
13. An internet browser in the dash
14. Room for seven passengers
15. Free charging at the airport
16. No oil changes
17. Adjustable ride and steering – from land speeder to lazy-boy
18. Drag and drop sunroof
19. Full Panoramic roof
20. No state smog check
21. The car is silent
22. Rock star looks everywhere I go
23. California Rebate
24. Electric utility time-of-use rates save me over $200/month
25. Awesome customer service
26. No dealers involved in the purchase (suck it used car sales guy!)
27. Homelink garage opener detects when I am home via GPS
28. No hot greasy engine, transmission, muffler, or other 3,000 parts to break
29. 100% torque off the line
30. My kids will never need to know how to drive stick, or that transmissions had gears or transmissions ever existed.
31. Nobody ever has to sit on the hump
32. The key looks like the car (yeah, that is so cool)
33. WYSIWYG view of the car in the console
34. It is all digital - user experience is now software not hundreds of buttons, knobs and levers
35. The Tesla did to cars what Apple did to cell phones. Every other car is an old school flip phone now.
36. 300 Miles of range
37. Federal Tax Credit
38. Pause the radio. Skip a song. Resume song after returning to vehicle
39. Bluetooth music streaming from your phone
40. Hidden charge port (sneaky!) with cable lock
41. Walk away door locking. Walk up unlock
42. Personal delivery of the car to the house - classy!
43. No need to start or turn off the car. Just get in, just get out
44. Rear camera view anytime, not just in reverse.
45. It has a frunk for your junk instead of an engine that goes clunk
46. Twice the cargo volume as a BMW 5 series
47. I will never say “damn, the price of gas is high” again
48. I will never need the Jiffy Lube 27 point service. 23 points don’t even exist on the Tesla.
49. The only fluid is windshield wiper cleaning fluid.
50. Midas muffler shop? Aamco transmission shop? Yeah, you can also take them off the holiday card list.
51. Gas stations only exist for their bathrooms and snacks
52. Custom driver profiles - Like having a Wii Mi for the car
53. Every over-air update comes with release notes - that makes my inner geek so happy
54. Need new spark plugs? Radiator fluid low? Yep, those will be “olden days” stories our kids tell their kids.
55. Phone photos of contacts show up on the consoles
56. Album art displays on both consoles
57. Lose your Tesla? Use the mobile app to track it and “Find my Tesla”
58. Internet purchase, custom configuration and tracking through the factory
59. Tesla Rangers – will pick up car and deliver it to service (haven’t needed them yet!)
60. Tesla owners are fanatical and friendly – need a charge? Stop by for lunch.
61. It is designed and made in California
62. Every morning I have a “full tank”
63. Fit, finish and materials are meticulous – as good as Mercedes or BMW
64. Full size keyboard to type in a map address or browser URL
65. Brakes last longer, since most breaking is regen
66. Turn-by-turn navigation done right (multi-screen, birds eye view)
67. The car is intuitive
68. The headlights are badass
69. I can plug in a mouse and keyboard to my car. (Ok, not recommended)
70. Tesla customer service can do remote diagnostics, troubleshooting and hot-patch over the phone
71. People in Oregon are allowed to plug in their car themselves
72. Folding rear seats
73. All it really needs is a Flux Capacitor and they can call it done
74. Full charge at home in 3-4 hours and 45 minutes at a super charger
75. I can tweet from my seat isn’t that neat?
76. You know those snobby condescending smirks you get from Prius drivers going 35 in a 50? Yeah, now who is driving the gas guzzler?
77. I am no longer blowing 10 tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere every year while driving
78. It is Motor Trend and Automobile Magazine car of the year
79. Out living large while getting a charge? Use the Tesla mobile app to track charging status.
80. The batteries are guaranteed for eight years and unlimited mileage
81. If every car was a Tesla then living next to Pacific Coast Highway would be quiet on a Saturday night
82. You know how you sometimes spill a little gas while pulling it out? Yeah, those days are done
83. I don’t miss the “Pump Station TV News”
84. You can read the New York Times from the console after driving three hundred miles, unless your name is Broder.
85. Bad spark plugs? Slipping fan belt? Yep, those hundred year old problems are history
86. Going downhill is strangely more fun and rewarding than ever before
87. Pairs nicely with Solar
88. My car knows my name
89. 1,000 miles on $40 of electricity
90. Oddly, everyone is quick to let you charge for free. I don’t ever remember anyone offering me free gas before
91. Movie scenes depicting heroic escapes from exploding cars will be a thing of the past
92. Mobile app remote climate control
93. “Whoa. What kind of car is that?”
94. Real-time energy consumption visualizations
95. Heated seats
96. LoJack? Yeah, that won’t be needed anymore
97. Real-time traffic via Google Maps
98. Just for laughs, pull into the full serve gas station and ask them to check the oil and filler’ up
99. Front row EV parking at the mall
100. Never buy gas again! (suck it OPEC!)

101 anyone?

I was recently driving our "Ruby" on a tight twisty road through southeastern WA state on a clear moonlit night. The Model S and I were one as we swooped through curves, up and down hills and even dodged a wily coyote. The ride was like animated velvet; so smooth and quiet.

It occurred to me once again that this is the most refined car I have ever owned or driven, and that includes Ferrari, Maserati, BMW, Audi, Lancia, Mercedes and Porsche.

Nuf said.

Doin' the Palouse, eh?

- - - Updated - - -

I hooked up a laser beam to make sure I am centered prior to entering the garage.

Whoa - say more about this laser beam. Very tight fit through the garage door in the garage itself, at my 60-year-old home.

Less than a week of ownership so far but I've got to add my experience. I don't see her as a car. When I approach and she responds with welcoming handles and purring sounds, I see her more as an exotic animal just waiting to be un-caged. She comes to life when I approach anticipating being released.

Besides all the amazing things that have been said so far which I completely agree with, the feeling I have when I see her is like visiting an old friend. It's personal and warm and responsive and connected in a way beyond any 'thing' could be. Maybe I should see a shrink!

Today is the first day my husband took her to work and left me with an empty garage space. I miss her. I can't wait to see her at the end of the day. I probably shouldn't tell him!

Bump. Love the new Palo Alto location just opened right next door to the McLaren dealership! Go visit 4180 El Camino Real.

Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't expecting them to do it so fast! I know where I'm going tomorrow...

- - - Updated - - -

Less then one month delivery! Disappointed. Seems like TM is prioritizing new US markets over well established ones like WA. I guess that makes sense but waiting 1 month longer for my car hurts a little.

I'm only a few days ahead of you and I live in their backyard! Two weeks to go give or take... Man I'm looking forward to seeing something like this in my garage... There is no better looking car on the planet. I'm told Grey is the fastest color... just sayin'. ;)

20130218dsc5063456789.jpg

Tesla is not just the best in every area its the sexiest also! ;-) the only thing that can be better is another tesla. I will hate Tesla if they release a P85+ AWD... If they do I want to tradein at a great value! ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

Guys come on... ferraris are red for one reason... All other colors will add loads of drag... MC Red will eat all other colors in terms of acceleration... ;-)

Tesla is not just the best in every area its the sexiest also! ;-) the only thing that can be better is another tesla. I will hate Tesla if they release a P85+ AWD... If they do I want to tradein at a great value! ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

Guys come on... ferraris are red for one reason... All other colors will add loads of drag... MC Red will eat all other colors in terms of acceleration... ;-)

That P+ I'm sure looks AWESOME in Sweden! Those 21" make that car POP on the streets I'm sure!

Black and white looks really good. Our winter and the months before and after is terrible in terms of keeping a car clean. So one reason for my color other than the better acceleration was a bit easier to keep it looking clean. In texas i assume its sun most of the time ;-)

My car is coming in two weeks and all this controversy is messing with my high... Tell us again why you LOVE your Model S. I think we need to refocus on the positive again around here! :love:

Never have to buy gas. Car is fully charged every morning. Can drive at 1 mph accurately. Can follow a bicycle on a two-lane road without difficulty or stress. Less mental effort to drive than other cars. Able to drive longer before my muscles hurt. And I *love* the center caddy where my fiancee puts her purse.

Found this in another Post: :D

1. The fastest sedan I’ve ever owned - zero to sixty in 3.9 seconds
2. The 17” touch interface is mesmerizing
3. The car is always connected to the internet
4. Enough room for a surf board or skis in the car
5. The design styling rocks
6. The car firmware updates automatically over wire like an iPad or iPhone
7. Disappearing door handles (so cool)
8. Free super chargers
9. I can drive solo in the California carpool lanes
10. Stereo volume goes to 11
11. Internet radio with no need to pay Sirius XM!
12. Google maps in the console
13. An internet browser in the dash
14. Room for seven passengers
15. Free charging at the airport
16. No oil changes
17. Adjustable ride and steering – from land speeder to lazy-boy
18. Drag and drop sunroof
19. Full Panoramic roof
20. No state smog check
21. The car is silent
22. Rock star looks everywhere I go
23. California Rebate
24. Electric utility time-of-use rates save me over $200/month
25. Awesome customer service
26. No dealers involved in the purchase (suck it used car sales guy!)
27. Homelink garage opener detects when I am home via GPS
28. No hot greasy engine, transmission, muffler, or other 3,000 parts to break
29. 100% torque off the line
30. My kids will never need to know how to drive stick, or that transmissions had gears or transmissions ever existed.
31. Nobody ever has to sit on the hump
32. The key looks like the car (yeah, that is so cool)
33. WYSIWYG view of the car in the console
34. It is all digital - user experience is now software not hundreds of buttons, knobs and levers
35. The Tesla did to cars what Apple did to cell phones. Every other car is an old school flip phone now.
36. 300 Miles of range
37. Federal Tax Credit
38. Pause the radio. Skip a song. Resume song after returning to vehicle
39. Bluetooth music streaming from your phone
40. Hidden charge port (sneaky!) with cable lock
41. Walk away door locking. Walk up unlock
42. Personal delivery of the car to the house - classy!
43. No need to start or turn off the car. Just get in, just get out
44. Rear camera view anytime, not just in reverse.
45. It has a frunk for your junk instead of an engine that goes clunk
46. Twice the cargo volume as a BMW 5 series
47. I will never say “damn, the price of gas is high” again
48. I will never need the Jiffy Lube 27 point service. 23 points don’t even exist on the Tesla.
49. The only fluid is windshield wiper cleaning fluid.
50. Midas muffler shop? Aamco transmission shop? Yeah, you can also take them off the holiday card list.
51. Gas stations only exist for their bathrooms and snacks
52. Custom driver profiles - Like having a Wii Mi for the car
53. Every over-air update comes with release notes - that makes my inner geek so happy
54. Need new spark plugs? Radiator fluid low? Yep, those will be “olden days” stories our kids tell their kids.
55. Phone photos of contacts show up on the consoles
56. Album art displays on both consoles
57. Lose your Tesla? Use the mobile app to track it and “Find my Tesla”
58. Internet purchase, custom configuration and tracking through the factory
59. Tesla Rangers – will pick up car and deliver it to service (haven’t needed them yet!)
60. Tesla owners are fanatical and friendly – need a charge? Stop by for lunch.
61. It is designed and made in California
62. Every morning I have a “full tank”
63. Fit, finish and materials are meticulous – as good as Mercedes or BMW
64. Full size keyboard to type in a map address or browser URL
65. Brakes last longer, since most breaking is regen
66. Turn-by-turn navigation done right (multi-screen, birds eye view)
67. The car is intuitive
68. The headlights are badass
69. I can plug in a mouse and keyboard to my car. (Ok, not recommended)
70. Tesla customer service can do remote diagnostics, troubleshooting and hot-patch over the phone
71. People in Oregon are allowed to plug in their car themselves
72. Folding rear seats
73. All it really needs is a Flux Capacitor and they can call it done
74. Full charge at home in 3-4 hours and 45 minutes at a super charger
75. I can tweet from my seat isn’t that neat?
76. You know those snobby condescending smirks you get from Prius drivers going 35 in a 50? Yeah, now who is driving the gas guzzler?
77. I am no longer blowing 10 tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere every year while driving
78. It is Motor Trend and Automobile Magazine car of the year
79. Out living large while getting a charge? Use the Tesla mobile app to track charging status.
80. The batteries are guaranteed for eight years and unlimited mileage
81. If every car was a Tesla then living next to Pacific Coast Highway would be quiet on a Saturday night
82. You know how you sometimes spill a little gas while pulling it out? Yeah, those days are done
83. I don’t miss the “Pump Station TV News”
84. You can read the New York Times from the console after driving three hundred miles, unless your name is Broder.
85. Bad spark plugs? Slipping fan belt? Yep, those hundred year old problems are history
86. Going downhill is strangely more fun and rewarding than ever before
87. Pairs nicely with Solar
88. My car knows my name
89. 1,000 miles on $40 of electricity
90. Oddly, everyone is quick to let you charge for free. I don’t ever remember anyone offering me free gas before
91. Movie scenes depicting heroic escapes from exploding cars will be a thing of the past
92. Mobile app remote climate control
93. “Whoa. What kind of car is that?”
94. Real-time energy consumption visualizations
95. Heated seats
96. LoJack? Yeah, that won’t be needed anymore
97. Real-time traffic via Google Maps
98. Just for laughs, pull into the full serve gas station and ask them to check the oil and filler’ up
99. Front row EV parking at the mall
100. Never buy gas again! (suck it OPEC!)

101 anyone?

Very personal, but yes.
My 101

in 1964 a song by Simon & Garfunkel was released, The Sounds of Silence.
Many have opined that it reflects the era of that time.
Assassination of John F. Kennedy or anti Viet Nam war sentiment.
For me. it was the lyrics -
"People talking without speaking, people hearing without listening,"
illustrating people's tendency to be apathetic towards each other. Communication is often only on a very superficial level, symbolized by the "neon god." In this world, no one dares to reach out to anyone else and disrupt the sound of silence.

And as it goes, maybe now they will listen.

Pollution of our only world is serious and Elon & Company dared to speak.
Their message of electrification sure has made some changes and continues to do so.
Tesla is a very disruptive move, and you can't help but feel, Moved, Motivated.
People are listening now and the apathy is crumbling. Drive a Tesla, feel the fun.
Revel in the New Sound of Tesla - 'Silence'

Last edited: