Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tennessee Tesla Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moving to Memphis. I'm a little worried about the black (EV) hole of Arkansas and West Tennessee. How do you get to Memphis, ship the car in by truck?

What size battery do you have? EVTripPlanner says it's entirely possible to supercharge the entire way by going through NV, UT, CO, etc. in a 70D if you manage your power correctly (or use other charging solutions from Nashville to Memphis).

S85 and up should have no problems using the same route but going from St. Charles, MO to Memphis.

Last edited:
Sorry I mised a few days (in hospital recovering well). Meanwhile my wife made her M3 reservation at Nash SC. Based on number of lines on taped floor x est plp per line when she arrived @ 9:45 about 130 in line. When reservations started about 150. When she left at 11:00 there were still about 100. She said about 1/2 owners or family. I'll bet we got 250-300. Of course no local coverage but I would have loved to see the neighbor dealer faces. I reserved an M3 later on line so I have a choice in 2019 when my S is 6 years old with 200K. Pics of the lines in the service center due to rain.
FullSizeRender.jpg

Hey there, West Tennesse checking in. I was just commenting in another thread about the "Black Hole" for Superchargers in the Mid-South. But the 2016 map looks promising!

• Meridian, MS
  • Tupelo, MS
  • Pearl (Jackson), MS (Already in Operation!)
  • Grenada, MS
  • Dyersberg, TN or Blytheville, AR, or north Marion, AR (hard to tell)

Attachments

• 2016Supercharger.PNG
    2016Supercharger.PNG
    451 KB · Views: 58
Hey there, West Tennesse checking in. I was just commenting in another thread about the "Black Hole" for Superchargers in the Mid-South. But the 2016 map looks promising!

• Meridian, MS
  • Tupelo, MS
  • Pearl (Jackson), MS (Already in Operation!)
  • Grenada, MS
  • Dyersberg, TN or Blytheville, AR, or north Marion, AR (hard to tell)
Looks like Jackson TN and Memphis.

On to important issues ;> Anyone driving down to Jackson MS soon to visit the new Superchargers? I'd like to go but I am working these next 2 weekends. I just might try to squeeze in the 430 mile round trip ....

I'm itching to do the same thing. Right outside of Memphis here. If you go in 3 weeks I may join you. Anyone else want to join in for a road trip?

I'm interested in being part of a TN Tesla club. A PCA like group is one of the things I miss from the Porsche world.

Ok, since we need at least 25 people to be officially recognized by Tesla, can I get everyone interested in joining to e-mail info (at) tntesla.org?

I want to start getting a list together and see how many folks we can get.

I'm also going to reach out to my contacts at the Nashville SC and get them to mention TNTOC to their new owners, as well as anyone that inquires.

Let me know if you have any questions! :cool:

Late to the party, but I am in. Knoxville.
What's the Harper's Cars and Coffee thing?
Several months back I got a notification that the Nashville store was doing test drives at the Knoxville Supercharger. Apparently they wanted folks to sign up online to do test drives. I only got my notification about it a very few days before it happened and did not have much time to inform friends about it. I checked in at the Supercharger several times that day and never saw anyone there or even a small sign indicating that anything was happening there. Even after I received the notification I noticed that the Test Drive Event was never listed under Tesla events. Does anybody know anything about any Tesla sponsored events in East Tennessee?