Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla 3 Homelink Suspended

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a call yesterday from the service department. They seem to think I can have Homelink.

He said it’s just a software update.

I’m not so sure that’s the correct info either.

Either way I have to wait until I get my car on Friday before I can “order” Homelink.

I got a call yesterday from the service department. They seem to think I can have Homelink.

He said it’s just a software update.

I’m not so sure that’s the correct info either.

Either way I have to wait until I get my car on Friday before I can “order” Homelink.

the post-delivery Homelink ordering process for me was:

- order part
- wait three weeks
- book mobile service appt once part arrived
- ranger came out, did physical install and reinstalled firmware and activated Homelink

I noticed the new Homelink instructions in 2020.4 version of manual - I had not tried Homelink in 2020.4, but looks like its changed and more options - I can only get 1/3 devices to program. Also looks like you can now change location, so I can program devices at leisure at home, then move location to where its needed which may not be so leisurely to setup.

Thank you. How long ago was that?

Installed 3 October last year

upload_2020-3-7_8-44-8.jpeg

Reactions: Roy W.
My goodness. They pull the car to bits :eek:
It looks worse than it is. The front boot is remarkably easy to dismantle to remove the internal liner and get to the point in that picture. And the front bumper with the sides freed as you see in the picture was only a couple of screws on each side. I had a nice chat with the mobile service guy during the process and he was very careful and tidy throughout the process.

Does it work? We hopefully get our glass fixed next week (only taken 4 months) so I can at last put our roof seal in. Even better if they manage to fit the glass evenly. Then I will see what else is needed - road noise from rear would be biggest bang, but I suspect biggest buck too.