Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla AC Powerwall *2.1* installed?

h2ofun

Aug 11, 2020
auburn, ca
I have not said it last only 30 minutes. I said I don’t want 40 amp on a 10 gauge copper wire for 30 minutes!!! (or any time tbh. If you know in advance that the continuous power on off grid situation can be 40amp I believe it is just bad design not to have 8 gauge wires). I am trying to express my frustration of undersized wiring and missing though process around introducing a new product feature.
Again, where is it written down that a PW2 will even produce 40 amp continuous in an off grid situation?

Mar 19, 2020
Colorado
I could definitely use some help here. My installation is scheduled for tomorrow. Here's the info I got from my advisor.

I'm told I'm getting "PW+ and the PW 2.1"

I'm lost as to what I'm getting.

Please help!

jhn_

Jan 21, 2021
Northeast United States
I could definitely use some help here. My installation is scheduled for tomorrow. Here's the info I got from my advisor.

I'm told I'm getting "PW+ and the PW 2.1"

I'm lost as to what I'm getting.

Please help!
So it looks like your install is for a total of two Powerwalls correct?
The PW+ is a PW 2.1 with a Tesla solar inverter attached. Each PW+ can be paired with another PW 2.1 for extra battery capacity.

So that is why you are getting "PW+ and the PW 2.1". Your setup must be 8kw or less of solar and 27kwh of battery storage.

Reactions: miimura

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC