Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla AC Powerwall *2.1* installed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have not said it last only 30 minutes. I said I don’t want 40 amp on a 10 gauge copper wire for 30 minutes!!! (or any time tbh. If you know in advance that the continuous power on off grid situation can be 40amp I believe it is just bad design not to have 8 gauge wires). I am trying to express my frustration of undersized wiring and missing though process around introducing a new product feature.
Again, where is it written down that a PW2 will even produce 40 amp continuous in an off grid situation?

I could definitely use some help here. My installation is scheduled for tomorrow. Here's the info I got from my advisor.

I'm told I'm getting "PW+ and the PW 2.1"

I'm lost as to what I'm getting.

Please help!
So it looks like your install is for a total of two Powerwalls correct?
The PW+ is a PW 2.1 with a Tesla solar inverter attached. Each PW+ can be paired with another PW 2.1 for extra battery capacity.

So that is why you are getting "PW+ and the PW 2.1". Your setup must be 8kw or less of solar and 27kwh of battery storage.

Reactions: miimura
I just had an additional Powerwall installed a couple of weeks ago. Here is the difference between the first two I had installed versus this one. Just adding to the thread.

Installed October 2020:
Part 1092170-05-J (x2)

Install January 2022:
Part 3012170-10-C (x1)