Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Adds New Future Superchargers to their Map

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This shows some of the new sites that I don't believe were there previously.

1669095459195.png

I gotta assume the Leavensworth/Burlington/Cle Elum locations are V3 expansions-or-updates of existing sites. Lord knows Burlington needs more&faster stalls, and Leavensworth needs faster ones.

Expansion at Yakima? That's already V3. Is it just slammed all the time?

Basically nothing on the peninsula. EA's got good coverage on the Poulsbo/Bremerton/Gig Harbor corridor, but I'd have loved to see something more on 101 in the Hoodsport/Brinnon area. (Also, plz supercharger @ "The Ridge"? plz?)

Also, basically nothing new in the rural parks areas. Okanogan, but nothing near Coulee Dam, or to make the route-2 route easier.

Very happy about Snoqualmie pass! We often stop there for a restroom break and high elevation superchargers make a ton of sense. You end up getting there at an artificially low SOC, so you get faster charging and then can regen down the mountain for even more juice.

I gotta assume the Leavensworth/Burlington/Cle Elum locations are V3 expansions-or-updates of existing sites. Lord knows Burlington needs more&faster stalls, and Leavensworth needs faster ones.

Expansion at Yakima? That's already V3. Is it just slammed all the time?

Basically nothing on the peninsula. EA's got good coverage on the Poulsbo/Bremerton/Gig Harbor corridor, but I'd have loved to see something more on 101 in the Hoodsport/Brinnon area. (Also, plz supercharger @ "The Ridge"? plz?)

Also, basically nothing new in the rural parks areas. Okanogan, but nothing near Coulee Dam, or to make the route-2 route easier.
I ended up buying the CCS adapter because no Tesla SC on West side of Pudget Sound. Not sure why Tesla isn’t putting one in the area as there are a lot of people who live there and on the way to/ from tourist areas on peninsula.

Snoqualmie Pass is nice to see (and the McDermott NV one is certainly a key missing link), however, almost all of the new additions in WA appear to be largely redundant and in places I've never run into capacity problems. I do wonder if maybe many of the seemingly redundant chargers will end up being V4 ones with CCS for non-teslas and functioning as a backup for us.

Having said that, I may be biased since I have a SR+ that's limited to 170kW so V2 and V3 are largely the same for me as long as the former is <50% full.

Snoqualmie Pass is nice to see (and the McDermott NV one is certainly a key missing link), however, almost all of the new additions in WA appear to be largely redundant and in places I've never run into capacity problems.
I've never NOT hit issues at Burlington, and have frequently seen Leavenworth and Cle Elum at >50%. But I've never seen the Yakima charger full... (but also haven't been there in over a year or so)

Snoqualmie Pass mildly confuses me: I like it due to amenities in the area. But if you've managed to get there, you can coast down to Cle Elum or North Bend. :)

I ended up buying the CCS adapter because no Tesla SC on West side of Pudget Sound. Not sure why Tesla isn’t putting one in the area as there are a lot of people who live there and on the way to/ from tourist areas on peninsula.

Be sure to submit location recommendations to be included in future rounds of voting.

So far, I’ve submitted:
  • Fred Meyer, Bellingham (seems obvious)
  • Nugent’s Corner Market, Nugent’s Corner at Hwys 542 and 9 (supports travel to from the ski area and up and down Hwy 9; reduces pressure on Abbotsford for travel across the border)
  • Corner Bar & Grill, Hwy 20 & 20 Spur near Anacortes (better access to and from Anacortes, Whidbey and the islands, as well as reducing pressure on Burlington for Hwy 20 travel)
  • WinCo Foods, Silverdale (supports Poulsbo, Bremerton and surrounding area)
If any of these pique your interest, it might be helpful to submit them as recommendations.

Interesting - looks like there are now 2 coming soon sites in Burlington.

This is the new one:

At the same time, they pushed back the timeline on the "coming soon" site added last time:

Reactions: Big Earl
Interesting - looks like there are now 2 coming soon sites in Burlington.

This is the new one:

At the same time, they pushed back the timeline on the "coming soon" site added last time:

Sure enough! I zoomed in and there is one site for 23Q1 and another for 23Q3.

Reactions: ReddyLeaf
Actually, the hotel just applied for a remodel permit (valued at $2mil) so maybe they are going to add more chargers at the hotel or maybe It’ll be a complete redo. Build the chargers at #2 (bobs burgers address), take out existing #1 during hotel remodel then replace with new V3. #1 is turning 10 this year which is probably the length of the initial lease.
1669446454054.png

Reactions: Big Earl
Be sure to submit location recommendations to be included in future rounds of voting.

So far, I’ve submitted:
  • Fred Meyer, Bellingham (seems obvious)
  • Nugent’s Corner Market, Nugent’s Corner at Hwys 542 and 9 (supports travel to from the ski area and up and down Hwy 9; reduces pressure on Abbotsford for travel across the border)
  • Corner Bar & Grill, Hwy 20 & 20 Spur near Anacortes (better access to and from Anacortes, Whidbey and the islands, as well as reducing pressure on Burlington for Hwy 20 travel)
  • WinCo Foods, Silverdale (supports Poulsbo, Bremerton and surrounding area)
If any of these pique your interest, it might be helpful to submit them as recommendations.

Kitsap Mall / WinCo Foods in Silverdale, WA made the voting list this time around. Be sure to vote!

Reactions: Tectonic
Kitsap Mall / WinCo Foods in Silverdale, WA made the voting list this time around. Be sure to vote!

Wait, does it have specific locations for the possible sites? The pins seem to be weirdly offset from some of the town locations - I zoomed in on a few of the pin locations, and some of them aren't even on roads!