Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla all but confirms Cybertruck production delay until 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That order page is so closely watched that even a tiny tweak is news, enough to show up on my Tesla news feed. What it means exactly could range from completely innocuous to indicating a confluence of other factors that seemingly wouldn't surprise many people, and it might even just be a sign that Tesla knows people love to speculate.

They promised a new roadmap at the earnings call.

I think some heads are going to explode if they don’t give some sort of decent update on delivery timelines.

We are overdue an explanation of WTF is happening with regards to our tri motor and single motor reservations as well.

They promised a new roadmap at the earnings call.

I think some heads are going to explode if they don’t give some sort of decent update on delivery timelines.

We are overdue an explanation of WTF is happening with regards to our tri motor and single motor reservations as well.

Almost certainly the same thing that happened to RWD Y reservations.

You'll get the opportunity to "upgrade" (or I guess downgrade if you decide to go tri to dual)

The only real question is if they'll do what they did to the Y folks and make you pay current FSD pricing for "changing" your order-- given the # is vastly higher on reservations, and the CT gets a lot of press attention, I EXPECT they'll honor the old FSD price for everyone. But AFAIK they haven't said so yet since mentioning the config changes on the CT.

Almost certainly the same thing that happened to RWD Y reservations.

You'll get the opportunity to "upgrade" (or I guess downgrade if you decide to go tri to dual)

The only real question is if they'll do what they did to the Y folks and make you pay current FSD pricing for "changing" your order-- given the # is vastly higher on reservations, and the CT gets a lot of press attention, I EXPECT they'll honor the old FSD price for everyone. But AFAIK they haven't said so yet since mentioning the config changes on the CT.
I don’t know exactly how things played out with the Y RWD so it’s hard for me to say.

What options did Model Y RWD pre-order holders have back in late 2020/ early 2021 when pre-orders were winding down?

It certainly seems like a goofy (not in a good way) deal.

I don’t know exactly how things played out with the Y RWD so it’s hard for me to say.

What options did Model Y RWD pre-order holders have back in late 2020/ early 2021 when pre-orders were winding down?

It certainly seems like a goofy (not in a good way) deal.

Basically those with preorders were told "Sorry turns out we aren't making the thing you ordered- you're welcome to change to ordering something we ARE making, but it'll all be at current pricing, FSD included"

• Informative
Reactions: lUtriaNt
Basically those with preorders were told "Sorry turns out we aren't making the thing you ordered- you're welcome to change to ordering something we ARE making, but it'll all be at current pricing, FSD included"

Yeah, I’m familiar with the story.

But what I find odd is that this happened a year after Tesla released cars to non-pre-orders. I’m just wondering what options were available during pre-order fulfillment.

No surprises here, but CT officially delayed until March, 2023.
Nope

Tesla did not “Officially” delay anything.

Hold the village crier until the 26th when we’ll have an actual official revised timeline which may or may not involve a delay.