Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla allowed to open Richmond VA location

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope we can give Tesla some credit for the million things that have to happen before opening a new service center (with a sales center that will open later, we hope!). Design, permits/approval, ordering equipment, parts, hiring employees (yes, some of the employees will come from other Tesla Service Centers, but not all of them), and a whole host of other processes and procedures that have to be completed before opening. I am sure that Julia Sendor and her team are doing everything they can to meet that end of August deadline.

The word on Facebook is that invites have been emailed out for an exclusive opening event on August 23rd. I haven't gotten one yet myself though (need to learn secret handshake...). I would presume that the store will be open to the public shortly afterwards.

Anyone here get an invite yet?

Picking up my new 2017 Model S 90D next week in Tysons corners and very glad to hear about this location opening soon so I don't have to deal with the Northern VA traffic.

I'm located near Staunton VA.

Off Topic: you should bring your car out to meet some other Tesla owners. Pro Re Nata Brewery just got some chargers installed and it calls for a celebration. :)

RSVP if you can make it.

National Drive Electric Week Event - Crozet

I was running errands over there today, and stopped by. They had a few cars outside. A red MX P100D, a white MX 75D, a blue MS 75D, a black MS 100D, and a grey P85D. There looked to be at least one car in the showroom. What I found interesting is that the cars did not have window stickers. However, they had what seemed to be a window sticker laying face down on the rear seat.

Does anybody know if this store will be able to offer test drives? Or is Virginia a state where the car dealer lobby has prevented that? I tried to sign up for a test drive, and the nearest test drive that the Tesla web site would offer me was in Maryland. I was somewhat surprised that it didn't direct me to a NOVA store (and disappointed it didn't direct me to this store when I set the date to September..)

I was running errands over there today, and stopped by. They had a few cars outside. A red MX P100D, a white MX 75D, a blue MS 75D, a black MS 100D, and a grey P85D. There looked to be at least one car in the showroom. What I found interesting is that the cars did not have window stickers. However, they had what seemed to be a window sticker laying face down on the rear seat.

Does anybody know if this store will be able to offer test drives? Or is Virginia a state where the car dealer lobby has prevented that? I tried to sign up for a test drive, and the nearest test drive that the Tesla web site would offer me was in Maryland. I was somewhat surprised that it didn't direct me to a NOVA store (and disappointed it didn't direct me to this store when I set the date to September..)

I'm not sure that I've ever seen a Tesla with a window sticker. The only way that I know for sure to get an idea of what features are included on a car (other than visually) is to ask one of the Sales people to look up the VIN number.

As far as test drives go, there is no issue with doing so at the Tysons Corner location in NoVA so I don't see how there could be any issue with it here in Richmond.

That's interesting. I could swear I saw Teslas with window stickers when I lived in the Bay Area a few years ago. Maybe they stopped doing it.

I'm glad they allow test drives in VA. I was afraid that would be one more hurdle to getting my wife on-board with buying a Tesla

I got my window sticker when I picked up my car in February it was in the owners folder they gave me.
That's funny, I also picked up my Model S in February. Happened to be at the Tesla dealership in Tysons. None of the cars on the lot had a window sticker, nor did mine for that matter. I did however get a print out of the features of the car but it looked identical to the feature listing that they have available online when you look at the car...just in printed format.

I could be wrong, but I believe the Monroney sticker (i.e. window sticker) is legally supposed to be on all new cars. It can be traditionally displayed on the window, or sometimes taken off the vehicle and placed inside or on the dash. However, I believe legally the seller of any new car must display it and/or provide it a the time of sale. When I took delivery of my Model X I received mine and, I've seen it sometimes get folded and put in the glove box after the vehicle is detailed and made ready for delivery to the new owner to take home.