Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Annual Shareholder Meeting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I plan to vote with the Board and support Elon, but do you guys think it will pass? Let's all put on our unbiased hats over here. Stock is down, Elon's politics have alienated a significant portion of our fellow shareholders, and I'm not sure which institutional will vote which way. Vanguard, State Street, BlackRock will own most of the institutional voting shares. Retail is 44% though, so that is a good sign.
The board will have already spoken to large shareholders to get their thoughts. I’m pretty sure the public note from the board said as much and the support is there.

I always vote with what Tesla wants and I will do so again.

I have no interest in being a ‘nine share holder dick’. If I didn’t like what the company was doing, I’d simply sell and go find a more agreeable investment for my sensitivities.

@ecarfan while I don’t disagree with some of your concerns you sound like you don’t want to invest in what Tesla has become. Your version of the company does not have a tremendous upside and I would not want to invest in it either. May I respectfully ask that if outsized gains are not in your forecast that you sell out and not vote.
Thanks for your comment. As someone who bought TSLA before it started its steep climb in 2020, as of now I’m still way ahead despite it being down over 60% from the late 2021 peak. So at this point I’m not looking for further gains. What I’m looking for is a rational plan from the CEO for the company to continue to prosper and right now I’m not seeing it. Elon seems to believe that the future for Tesla is AI-driven robots; Optimus and the robotaxi (they are both robots just in different forms). I am not convinced that is the right path. They are huge gambles, and if they if one or both of them fail the company will suffer.

I’ve been following Elon for about two decades now, have read multiple biographies of him, and closely followed developments in AI for some time. I am not a computer scientist or engineer of any type, so I have no special expertise in those areas. Obviously he has real expertise, but as I described upthread I question some fundamental decisions he has made and is making with Tesla and I think the BOD is just rubber stamping his decisions while taking fat salaries.

All that said, I am a strong supporter of SpaceX and hope it succeeds in its mission. Another huge gamble, but one worth pursuing, and it’s a private company so he can do what he wants.

News report: Tesla’s biggest retail shareholder is voting against Elon Musk’s $55 billion package

Koguan, like many other shareholders, is frustrated with Tesla’s board for not enforcing any rule for Elon Musk, who is now a part-time CEO with clear conflicts of interest at Tesla.

While the vote is technically strictly about Musk’s 2018 CEO compensation plan, many shareholders are using it as a vote of confidence for the CEO and the board and it is obviously scaring the board since they launched a website to try to convince shareholders and the board already disclosed discussions with institutional shareholders.

I would like to reinstate his existing plan, because we did collectively pass it and the company did meet the required metrics, and the fact some activist legal BS took away our collective agency.

But I also share concerns about the focus on robotaxi vs more affordable vehicles. It might or might not come to pass, and might or might not be a big thing when it does, but more affordable vehicles will always be something worth having. Similarly, I wish we'd pause trying to get that last few percentage points of FSD on city streets and hurry up and get the highway portion ported over to end-to-end NN, since realistically that's more useful to me as an owner.

The thing is, despite the mistakes that have been made in the past few years, unless we find another Gwynne Shotwell to take over the company, I don't know that I would want to replace Elon with anyone else - you could even make an argument that at this point that the existing absentee CEO is safer for the company than any replacement that isn't as comitted (but simultaneously more level headed, like Gwynne) as Elon used to be.

• Disagree
Reactions: B@ndit
Schwab is uncharacteristically late in getting out the emails. I got my control numbers from chat support yesterday.

Just got my Schwab proxy materials via email. Don't forget to vote your shares, folks!

Screenshot_20240502-184045.png

I have been reading a lot of forums and there’s lots of pent up anger at Elon… I’m kinda worried this won’t pass

The angry minority are always most vocal. And I know quite a few people who dislike Elon but would still vote yes because it's simply the right and ethical thing to do. Though some are in the UK, so it's hard for them to do so.