Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Annual Shareholder Meeting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"There's a lot of complexity in parking lots [it] turns out." - Elon

He didn't address the final part in the question: "how to have confidence in future FSD projections?" They keep saying feature-complete by the end of the year, and home-to-work no-input driving by 2020.... buuuut with how far enhanced summon has been pushed back, I very much doubt we'll get real FSD before 2022.

FWIW, there's always an after-hours stock price move after the meeting and it usually means absolutely nothing to the morning stock price action.

There wasn't *much* new at the meeting but there were a couple of interesting points which I am reviewing.

Unfortunately nobody raised the customer communications issues clearly. Next year, perhaps. It was raised last conference call, but it is totally not even close to fixed.

Musk specified very clearly and repeatedly that the two primary things which determined whether a region had good sales were (a) is there a service center in a reasonable distance and (b) are there Superchargers along all the routes I want to take. He's *right*, so I'm glad that he's absolutely clear about that. As far as I could tell, Tesla management didn't understand the service center issue for most of the last six years!

He's consistently admitting that his timelines are wrong and trying not to answer timeline questions. Good.

The questions on media were good, but they didn't quite hit the target... management needs a PR expert and they didn't quite understand that this is an area of expertise where you hire an expert. Musk was admitting lack of knowledge about how to respond, which is good, but he hasn't drawn the logical conclusion that he needs to interview people and find an expert.

There's a couple of things I'm checking on the replay.

The questions on media were good, but they didn't quite hit the target... management needs a PR expert and they didn't quite understand that this is an area of expertise where you hire an expert. Musk was admitting lack of knowledge about how to respond, which is good, but he hasn't drawn the logical conclusion that he needs to interview people and find an expert.

I was thinking the exact same thing to myself when these questions were being raised. Tesla *needs* to hire an expert PR firm to take control of the narrative. That's what you do when you don't know the exact solution and what you've tried has barely done anything. I get that Elon is super against advertising, and for good reason, but there are ways to execute sincere advertising campaigns that are truthful, and don't feel like you're making things up to make yourself look good.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
I was thinking the exact same thing to myself when these questions were being raised. Tesla *needs* to hire an expert PR firm to take control of the narrative. That's what you do when you don't know the exact solution and what you've tried has barely done anything. I get that Elon is super against advertising, and for good reason, but there are ways to execute sincere advertising campaigns that are truthful, and don't feel like you're making things up to make yourself look good.
Also, PR doesn't necessarily mean advertising. It can include all kinds of other things.