Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App 4.25.0 - Wall Connector Support

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried it with my iPhone and failed - it got to the point of attempting to update the software and then failed repeatedly.

Any chance it’s because the wall connector is on my Verizon FIOS guest network? Or is this just one of the bugs you expect with a first effort?

Mapman

Tried it with my iPhone and failed - it got to the point of attempting to update the software and then failed repeatedly.

Any chance it’s because the wall connector is on my Verizon FIOS guest network? Or is this just one of the bugs you expect with a first effort?

Mapman
The link I provided is for Android only and will not work on iPhone. Your iPhone app store should have whatever the update is on that site.

I’m really disappointed that you can’t fully control the wall connector from the app. Things like adding a VIN to your allow list and other settings controlled from the WC’s admin website are things I was hoping to be able to control via the app.

Me too.

I have mine set to only charge my VIN number, but I did that by talking to the Wall Connector directly in 2021 when I installed it. My Wall Connector is outside, so limiting the VIN number is important. I really wanted to do that via the App going forward since the process to talk to the Wall Connector directly is very awkward.

To upgrade to 4.25.0, it took a couple of tries but eventually it worked. Then I was able to add Wall Connector via "Add/Remove Products". During the process, it asks to scan the QR code or manually enter. I manually entered it (fortunately I had written it to a text file in 2021). For a manual setup, it asks for TeslaWallConector_###### and the WPA2 password (all caps).

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | made/delivered Oct 2021

In setting up the Wall Charger at 'Home Location' on my ios Tesla App it just won't connect.

Does anyone know how to DELETE the @home Location' and try again?

Also, when I did set it up it says the setup is incomplete but I can't modify the 'Home Location' to correct any errors.

Thanks in advance.

Padster

Are any of y’all having issues with WiFi connecting?

I’ve already made sure that my phone only connects to the wall charger but it keeps failing up update the charger via phone with the WiFi error.

Going to the charger website directly shows that the charger is connected to WiFi.

This also slowed me down. So in the process you first you connect to the WallConnector network after pressing the handle button. Then at some point you need to switch back to your normal WiFi network, and that isn't clear. Whenever it gives a network error, change to the other network and try again. I know you must manually reconnect back to your normal WiFi network after the installation

• Informative
Reactions: MattChristian
I got my Tesla App installed yesterday on my Android by checking the Play Store manually to see that there is an update. Once I did it, it was pretty straight foward.

If your phone does have auto-reconnect to Wi-Fi then you would have to connect manually if required.

I have 2x Gen 3 J1772 Wall Connectors. Both added to Tesla app, but only 1 shows up in app (and power value only represents 1 unit). Is this expected?
I also have 2 Gen 3 Wall Connectors. I've added both via the app (I think) but there is no indication that there are 2 connectors. I think I have to wait until both have been used and see what happens. I was hoping I could name the connectors something intelligible, so I could easily tell them apart, but apparently not!

I also have 2 Gen 3 Wall Connectors. I've added both via the app (I think) but there is no indication that there are 2 connectors. I think I have to wait until both have been used and see what happens. I was hoping I could name the connectors something intelligible, so I could easily tell them apart, but apparently not!
I agree. Renaming them should be an easy thing to implement. Maybe in an update.

There seems to be a section with adding multiple wall connectors and defining the master, etc. in the WiFiDirect connection. Press the handle button on your "Master" for 5+ seconds, attach your WiFi to the WallConnectorXXXX network, enter 192.168.92.1 in browser, and then go to Power Sharing. I don't know if this is what you see in the initial install, as I only have the one connector. Wondering if this helps....

I failed to update the wall connector's firmware multiple times with my iPhone.

Then in desperation I tried with my WiFi only iPad and it completed the update and installation quickly without any issues. After that the iPhone app worked.

Check your connection after the update failure and select the network not currently attached, which I think it is the TeslaWallConnectorxxxx. Change it back to the other network, your normal WiFi connection. Maybe I have these backwards, but switching the network and retrying the code upgrade worked for me.

I had no issues getting this setup. However, it still shows nothing under Charge History and I've done two charges with it now since adding it to the app. Is anyone else not seeing charge history? The graphic is showing it plugged in and was showing it charging but nothing appears in the history after unplugging it???

Both my Wall Connectors showed up in the app but neither has any Charge History.
I neglected to update my iPhone app to the latest version until this morning so maybe Charge History will show up tomorrow. And, yes, charges are showing up under the usual place, "Charge Stats".
Also, the app doesn't tell you which (or if) a wall connector is plugged into a vehicle or not. It does say the car is plugged in so I guess that's something.
And, it does list the wall connector software version. Both of mine are on 23.24.3-ba52398.

Reactions: DerbyDave
Both my Wall Connectors showed up in the app but neither has any Charge History.
I neglected to update my iPhone app to the latest version until this morning so maybe Charge History will show up tomorrow. And, yes, charges are showing up under the usual place, "Charge Stats".
Also, the app doesn't tell you which (or if) a wall connector is plugged into a vehicle or not. It does say the car is plugged in so I guess that's something.
And, it does list the wall connector software version. Both of mine are on 23.24.3-ba52398.
It was mentioned earlier in the thread but I missed it - you have to unplug in order for the Charge History to show up - it did!

• Informative
Reactions: MattChristian