Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App and AT&T 5GE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found out the in the last two days that the Tesla App does not work and gives network timeouts when on the AT&T 5GE network. I am able to connect up to a VPN or join a wifi network and it works instantly.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Same exact issues for me. App works fine on Wi-Fi but then will not update over 5ge. I downloaded a vpn and it works perfectly when connected to that, over 5ge. Very frustrating and apparently a common issue over on the model 3 forums.

So as it happened my Tesla app on my iPhone 11 Pro on ATT (5Ge or LTE) would not respond yesterday. I tried killing the app, logging out and in, turning Airplane Mode on and off--no joy. Rebooting fixed it. Maybe some odd glitch in the iPhone with the data app and radio config.

Same issue since mid July. The only known workout is VPN. Here are some other threads on the matter. I encourage affected people to keep contacting Tesla customer service and write a 1 star review on the App Store to bring attention to the matter, otherwise it may go months before they fix it.

If using a VPN solves the issue, it is clearly not a problem with the app but with the AT&T network. AT&T is known for using transparent proxies which could mess a lot of things. For example, try going to dslreports.com/speedtest from the AT&T network.

Or if it only affects a few apps (including Tesla) there might be a workaround that Tesla can implement. Of course better to have AT&T fix the fundamental flaw, but having worked for them (and various mobile phone manufacturers) I expect that will be an extremely long wait...

The easiest fix is to vote with your wallet and move to another cellular provider.

Reactions: frankvb
No, app connectivity on At&t cell network. I am sitting 250 miles away from my car at the moment and can connect via the widget method.
That’s a very long summon, hopefully it has enough charge by the time it gets to you; and I can’t imagine the ergonomics of pressing the come to me button for 3..4 hours

• Funny
Reactions: MikeBur