Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connectivity problem iOS and Tesla app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

im wondering if I’m the only person that has connectivity problems on iOS and the Tesla app.

there are two solutions too get connectivity and that is by using the car key to unlock it then the app can be used. Or I need to remove the app for my iPhone and reinstall it.

are there more people with this?

I have searched for crash logs off the app but could not find any.

Reactions: boonedocks
I have narrowed it down to it only works for me if my iPhone is on wifi. If I am using cell service it will NOT connect. Very very odd.

iPhone 11 Pro Max
Software version 14.0 Beta release
AT&T LTE(5Ge)
Atlanta GA but we traveled to Hilton Head Island and to Cherokee NC and it did the exact same thing when on wifi vs Cellular service

Last edited:
Reactions: loganwatson
I have narrowed it down to it only works for me if my iPhone is on wifi. If I am using cell service it will NOT connect. Very very odd.

iPhone 11 Pro Max
Software version 14.0 Beta release
AT&T LTE(5Ge)
Atlanta GA but we traveled to Hilton Head Island and to Cherokee NC and it did the exact same thing when on wifi vs Cellular service

same here re all characteristics but I’m in Philadelphia

Reactions: boonedocks
And I called Tesla and of course "no one else has called in with this problem" It must be my car(s) do a power off power on / brake pedal reset...blah blah blah...none of which have anything to do with my iPhone or iPad connecting over cellular vs wifi. My guess is AT&T is the culprit but until AT&T or Tesla gets enough calls we are up the creek.

Last edited:
I am having the same issue. I have a iPhone 11 Pro Max on AT&T with software version 13.6 on the phone. The app over cellular will either spin or say network failure. I called in and got the run around and one individual annoyed me so much I ended up calling her a name I shouldn’t but she should not work for anyone with the attitude she had. This has become the norm for Tesla support - a bunch of argumentative, unhelpful and uneducated individuals. I am waiting on a call back from a supervisor for that situation.

So this all boils down to a issue between AT&T and Tesla but no one will take ownership.

Given that literally all my other apps work, I blame tesla. Be sure to rate the app!

Same problem here! It's been happening for a week or two. I have an iPhone 10 Max with iOS 13.5.1 on ATT network. Relogging into the app seems to fix it for that session. On a side note, does the Remote for Tesla app also have these issues? Does anyone have that app that can try?