Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app down - 503 maintenance error?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Down for me too - London.

It was working at 8am this morning when I jumped in for a morning errand.

It still tells me where my car is though so it must be connecting to it's location or maybe it's still just showing last known location.

Climate, etc. of course doesn't work.

To the OP, you are not locked out. The app doesn't need any communication to Tesla servers to open your car and drive when used as "phone as key". Otherwise you should always have a key card on you anyway, and that will also work. You simply lose the ability to start HVAC remotely, that sort of thing, mostly comfort.

Reactions: ACarneiro
Mine has been down since about 10am. Received a black screen only this morning, signed in, signed out, reinstalling the app - now the visuals are back but not connecting to the car.

Particularly annoying because I had a SC appointment tomorrow, and the only way they tend to communicate is a day before the appointment, using the app.

I'm also in Norway, also down for me most of the day.

And it's not the phone app that doesn't work, when I was driving back from work I got a message saying that the Autopilot Convenience/Safety features were disabled.

The car wouldn't allow me to engage Autopilot/cruise control, it wasn't showing other cars/lanes on the ICU, auto high beam wasn't working and it also wasn't reading speed signs.

It was quite strange to drive like that, felt like a completely different car lol

I wonder what the odds are of there being a Daily Mail article titled "Tesla drivers forced to smash car window to rescue dog" by end of today
I wonder what the odds are of there being a Daily Mail article titled "Tesla drivers forced to smash car window to rescue dog" by end of today
I was about to say the same. I found 2 articles just whilst searching to verify it's not just me. One had the line "A 2021 outage locked hundreds of users out of their cars."