Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app not showing all power flows

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ah hah
here's my view at night

Yes, thats what the powerwall setup looks like in my app as well. The solar only one looks like the OPs screenshot.

Solar + powerwalls, showing power flows and house usage

IMG_0678.jpg

Solar only

IMG_0679.jpg

Both of these are the exact same residence, taken within about 10 seconds of each other, at 10pm this evening (as I am crafting this post).

• Informative
Reactions: Electrph
I have 4 Tesla energy tiles in my app today.

Tile 1: The very first tile I got was for Solar City PV only install. The tile only shows the production of the PV system. It doesn't have show any consumption. This house add another PV system that was non-Tesla. The other system obviously doesn't show in my Tesla app.

Tile 2: The second tile I got for another install at another location. That's also only a PV only install. It also doesn't show consumption.

Tile 3: We bought an investment property in AZ that had an existing Solar City PV system. That one has consumption meters so I can see production and consumption.

Tile 4: Then I added two Powerwalls to the first house with the two PV system. After that install I got a new tile which included two Powerwalls and the total output of the two PV system (one Solar City/Tesla and the other). I did not lose the separate tile that showed the output of the Solar City/Tesla system (Tile 1)

I then added a third Powerwall and more solar (on a new Tesla inverter). I was hoping to get a fifth tile that showed just the output of the new PV system. Instead all the additions are just part of the totals of Tile 4. I'm pretty sure Tesla is getting telemetry for the 3rd PV system so they have data for the third system. One of these days I'll customer support again to see I can get a fifth tile.

I also have cars with "charge on solar" enabled. Which car it shows in the garage in the app doesn't always match reality and it will also sometimes show a car in garage when neither is plugged and it will also show no car when there is a car plugged in.

Basically, this just illustrates some of the different ways Tesla Energy products can appear in the app.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
So my coworker just was granted PTO on Tesla installed Solar only w/ a Tesla inverter, and he can only see the yellow flowing line for solar in the app during production, no household power consumption or grid consumption / back flow. Which after reading this thread may or may not be normal for a Tesla solar only install. But on his existing main panel besides the double pole breaker added for the solar it looks like there is another new double pole breaker that replaced an existing breaker(s) (based on how clean it is) that was already labeled “Disp. & Dishwasher” but they added what looks like “ neurio M “ to the breaker description. Could this mean he should be able to see energy flow of household and grid ?