Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app not showing all power flows

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a screenshot

Attachments

• IMG_0568.png
    IMG_0568.png
    636.2 KB · Views: 94
A few details on your site would be very helpful? Solar only? Powerwalls? New install? PrePTO?

Your app isn't showing either your house, or the grid, or power walls. Have you rebooted your phone? Rebooted your app? (And perhaps deleted/reinstalled it?) What else do you have running on your phone, and have you tried killing those apps? All of them?

The fact the solar is reported as generating means the Gateway is alive enough to measure it.

A few details on your site would be very helpful? Solar only? Powerwalls? New install? PrePTO?

Your app isn't showing either your house, or the grid, or power walls. Have you rebooted your phone? Rebooted your app? (And perhaps deleted/reinstalled it?) What else do you have running on your phone, and have you tried killing those apps? All of them?

The fact the solar is reported as generating means the Gateway is alive enough to measure it.
This is a new install. Received my pro 10 days ago. No powerwall. Tesla inverters.

• Informative
Reactions: BGbreeder
I'm 99% sure that with solar that is all you get. The screen shots with Power, Grid and House are all using the Tesla Gateway that disconnects the house from the grid to provide those other measurements.
I’m pretty sure they can also install grid CTs to show home usage and grid import/export. I’ve seen screenshots that have solar/home/grid and no Powerwall.

This is a new install. Received my pro 10 days ago. No powerwall. Tesla inverters.

So you have a solar only install. Whether you can see power flows or not tends to be depend on how its installed, with what, etc. Getting power flows other than what you see is definitely not a "given" with a solar only install.

I changed the thread title, because its not a given that you get to see everything with a solar only install, so its not correct to say its not operating properly. Its not showing all power flows, which is what I changed the thread title to.

Contact your installer and ask them why you dont see all power flows. They need to install equipment to enable that, and its not always a given.

• Informative
Reactions: Electrph
you don't see all the flows in the page where the house shows?

If you have solar only, many people dont. My solar system is a solar city install, and was done in 2015. I got powerwalls in 2020. In my tesla app, I have (2) separate pictures of my house, just like @aesculus is describing.

One of them shows my solar, on the house, and the powerwalls, and has the power flows. If I swipe from that, I get a picture of my house that looks exactly like the one this OP shared, that has just solar panels on the house and one line going from the solar panels to a virtual inverter on the side of the virtual picture of the house. I never really use that one, but I have noticed that it doesnt always match up with the one with my solar and powerwalls, either.

That is the solar only install, vs the solar and powerwall one, both show for me, just like they do for @aesculus .

If your install was done at the same time, you wont see this, but Its likely that (for example) @arnolddeleon sees it like this at least partially, since he has multiple systems on his house and one pre dates the powerwall install.

• Helpful
If you have solar only, many people dont. My solar system is a solar city install, and was done in 2015. I got powerwalls in 2020. In my tesla app, I have (2) separate pictures of my house, just like @aesculus is describing.

One of them shows my solar, on the house, and the powerwalls, and has the power flows. If I swipe from that, I get a picture of my house that looks exactly like the one this OP shared, that has just solar panels on the house and one line going from the solar panels to a virtual inverter on the side of the virtual picture of the house. I never really use that one, but I have noticed that it doesnt always match up with the one with my solar and powerwalls, either.

That is the solar only install, vs the solar and powerwall one, both show for me, just like they do for @aesculus .

If your install was done at the same time, you wont see this, but Its likely that (for example) @arnolddeleon sees it like this at least partially, since he has multiple systems on his house and one pre dates the powerwall install.
I did solar only in 2018 then added PWs in 2019. I only see 1 page with the House with all the flows

Non--Tesla Solar. 3rd Party installed PWs
That explains why you only have one "house" showing in the app. From the tesla point of view, the app got setup (for energy products at least) when you got powerwalls. That is likely why you dont have the same app setup I mentioned, even though you got solar first.

That explains why you only have one "house" showing in the app. From the tesla point of view, the app got setup (for energy products at least) when you got powerwalls. That is likely why you dont have the same app setup I mentioned, even though you got solar first.
ah hah
here's my view at night

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231109-214652.png
    Screenshot_20231109-214652.png
    790.7 KB · Views: 64